Chapter 4

Ryder's P. O. V.

After school I went to the gym, to see Tony. I made sure to bring an extra duffel bag filled with clothes considering I'm sleeping in my car tonight.

When I got to the gym I walked in only to find Grayson already there.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked. I thought he only came here at night?

"Well sweetheart, Tony is closing the gym a bit early tonight so I figured I would come by after school" Grayson smirked.

"First of all, don't call me sweetheart. Second Tony why the hell are you closing early? I need to train as much as I fucking can before the fight tomorrow" I said directing my attention from Grayson to Tony.

"Temper, don't start with me. I already have a headache. You know I don't let you train a day before a fight. Go run a few miles then rest. I need you nice and loose for tomorrow" Tony said while rubbing his head.

"But Tonyyyyy" I whined, "What if I'm not ready? What if I still need to practice? What if I'm to tired from running? What if-"

"Temper." Tony snapped. I gave him puppy dog eyes, to which he gave a stone cold glare.

"Fine." I huffed rolling my eyes then walking over to my duffel bag. I grabbed pulled out my sweatpants and put them on over my leggings. Then I put on a sweatshirt.

"You know it's like 70 degrees out right?" Grayson asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah no shit" I snapped at him before jogging out the door.

"Someone's on their period" I heard Grayson mumble as I ran out. Which caused me to roll my eyes.

I jogged about 2 miles before I ran right into someone, getting a hot liquid poured over my already sweaty body.

"Shit. I'm so sorry, I wasn't even watching where I was going. Crap and I spilled my coffee on you" I looked up to see a gorgeous boy with green eyes and dirty blond hair. I let a small smile play on my face.

"Oh don't worry about it. It's fine" I said looking up at him.

"No really, I feel so bad. And I interrupted your jog. I'm so sorry, please let me make it up to you " the boy rambled. I laughed.

"It's really okay. If anything, I ran into you. It's my fault. And you don't have to make it up to me at all" I smiled.

"No no I have to make it up to you somehow. Do you want coffee? I'll buy you coffee. Shit that was a stupid thing to say cause I just spilled my coffee all over you. And your jogging so why would you want coffee in the middle of a jog? Wow I'm dumb. How about you give me your number and we can meet up sometime and I can buy you coffee. Like when you're not jogging or something..." He awkwardly rambled on while scratching his head. This only made me smile more.

"So is this part of your plan? Spill coffee on a girl then get her number?" I teased him. He gave me a charming smirk.

"Maybe it is"

I laughed but asked for his phone anyway. I put in my number then my fingers hovered over the keyboard as I was debating whether to put my name in as Temper, or Ryder.

I finally went with 'Ryder ❤️😉' considering he would be pretty confused if I put Temper.

He took his phone back and smiled when he saw what contact name I put in.

"I'm Ryan by the way" he said sticking his hand out.

"Well it's nice to meet you" I said and couldn't stop smiling for some reason.