Chapter 15

Grayson's P.O.V.

WHAT. THE FUCK.

How? How the actual fuck does Ryder manage to be the only girl that rejects me over and over again, yet I still come back. I could tell that there was more to her story when she denied me, but I didn't push it. I know I should distance myself, but I am so fucking tired of distancing myself from people just because I'm afraid I'll lose them.

After class I walked through the halls to clear my head. I didn't even bother going to my next class, knowing it'll just piss me off. As I turned the corner I noticed a figure curled up against the locker. They looked to be in a lot of pain. As I got closer I recognized the person. Ryder. My eyes widened as I rushed over a knelt down next to her. I placed a hand on her back.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I asked not even caring about the concern that laced through my voice. She shut her eyes tightly and threw her head back against the locker.

"Nothing" she managed to get out, "I'm fine".

I rolled my eyes at her complete lie, "You're obviously not"

I noticed she was holding her stomach. I tried to remove her arms, but she kept them pried across her body. After fighting with her for about a minute, her body finally gave in as she released her death grip on her arms. I looked at her for permission before slightly lifting her shirt up. I felt my jaw clench and my eye twitch. Her entire stomach was painted with bruises ranging in different colors. I wanted to go ape shit but I knew I had to get answers out of her first.

"Who did this?" I asked surprisingly calm and collect. She didn't answer but simply stared into my eyes with her bright blue orbs, begging me not to question her further. But those beautiful eyes weren't gonna work this time.

"Who. The. Fuck. Did. This?" I asked roughly saying each word. She just shook her head refusing to answer. I stood up as my anger took over me. I punched the locker hard, as my mind started to race.

"God dammit Ryder, who fucking did this to you?" I yelled. I'm surprised I didn't draw any attention from nearby classrooms. But even if I did I wouldn't give a fuck. I looked down at her. I could see the pain in her eyes. The hurt. The sadness. Before I knew what I was doing, I lifted her up and started to walk down the hallway carrying her bridal style.

"Grayson stop. Put me down. Seriously Gray." she protested. I almost chuckled at how stubborn she was even in her state of pain. "Ugh fuck you" she spat closing her eyes as she gave up. I smiled slightly to myself as I looked down at her. God, she's beautiful. I really don't give a fuck if I'm suppose to hate her anymore. She's stubborn, sexy, and sassy. Everything I want in a woman. The thought of her with anyone else pisses me off and makes me want to bash their head against a wall.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hand reach up and touch my jaw.

"You need to stop clenching your jaw. You're gonna break it one day" she said subconsciously stroking my jaw with her thumb. I felt the need to smile and lean into her touch but instead I rolled my eyes.

"You're saying that as if you don't have anger issues, and clench your jaw on a daily basis" I laughed humorlessly. I noticed she zoned out as if she was thinking back to something. "Ryder? Ryder. Ryder!" I yelled finally getting her attention.

"Yeah, um sorry" She mumbled, and quieted down after that. I internally punched myself in the face. I'm trying to win her over and shit, but my fucking bipolarity kicks in and I treat her like shit. I inwardly groaned as we arrived at my bike.

"Are you gonna be okay? You know, like riding on my motorcycle?" I asked.

"I'll be fine" she snapped. Well damn, looks like I'm not the only one who's bipolar. I gently placed her on the back of my bike. I strapped my helmet on her then hopped on myself.