Chapter 24

Grayson's P.O.V.

I need to go to the fucking gym. She makes me so infuriated even though I try not to show it to her.

"I'm going to Tony's. You wanna come?" I sent a glance at Nick who had his head buried in his phone.

"Nah man, I got an appointment with that red head in our history class" he smirked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"And by appointment you mean..." I dragged on insinuating I already knew what he meant.

"I'm going to fuck her" Nick looked at me blankly before clapping a hand on my shoulder, "Come on man, keep up"

"Whatever. Have fun" I muttered getting on my motorcycle. As I drove away I heard Nick's stupid ass voice call after me.

"You really need to have sex bro!"

What a fucking idiot.

I pulled up to Tony's and instantly went to the back to get my things from my locker. After getting changed I headed towards the ring to see Tony sparring with some guy.

"Tony. I need a fight. As soon as possible" I growled leaning against the ropes of the ring. Tony turned around slightly sweaty giving me an irritated look while throwing his hands in the air.

"Oh hey Tony nice to see you! Oh shit you're busy? Don't worry I'll talk to you when you're done!" he sarcastically rambled. I rolled my eyes walking away towards the punching bags.

I threw heavy hits as I felt beads of sweat starting to form. My mind has been so clouded lately. Between my mom's health deteriorating, my mind feeling all shaky and fucked up, and this stupid girl who won't get out of my thoughts.

Ryder. She's just—

Fuck. I don't even know what to do about that situation anymore, let alone any situation I'm in. I guess it's good I got suspended so I can spend more time taking care of my mom. But if I keep getting in trouble there is NO way I'll be able to graduate on time. And if I can't graduate on time no real place is going to want to hire me. And if no one hires me I'll have no money for my mom's treatments. Shit. I'm just a senior in high school. I need a break.

I sent hard punches to the bag letting out the built up anger before I felt a sharp pain shoot through my hand.

"Fuck" I let out painfully but tried to keep quiet so Tony wouldn't hear me. I quickly grabbed my hand screwing my eyes shut in an attempt to stay silent. I need to fight soon and if Tony finds out I hurt myself there's no way he'll let me.

I went in the back over by my locker. Not a lot of people were here right now since it wasn't a popular time. I let my back fall against the locker, slowly sliding down it sinking into the floor. I rested my elbows on my knees still holding on to my hand. My head dropped down as I struggled to take a deep breath. I tried lifting my head resting it against the locker, inhaling deeply. My breaths were becoming shorter and I felt myself shaking. What the fuck is happening?

I got up grabbing my bag, with my good hand, that I threw my extra clothes in and practically sprinted out of the gym. I heard Tony call out as I rushed by.

"The fuck are you going?" he yelled out.

"I don't feel good" I muttered quickening my pace. I hopped on my motorcycle and sped off.

Pulling up to my house I tried to take a deep breath but it quickly got caught in the back of my throat as I felt like I was choking. I made my way inside only to see my dad sitting in the kitchen on his laptop.

"Hello son" he sent me a sickly smile. I simply flipped him off while not hesitating to make my way up the stairs. I entered into my mom's room to see her resting peacefully. The pain in both my chest and hand subsided for a moment. I walked over placing a kiss on her forehead. She stirred slightly as her blue eyes fluttered open and she let out a tired yawn.