Chapter 22

Grayson's P.O.V.

Things have gone to shit very quickly.

Nick has been in a consistent bad mood, yet never speaking of what caused this sudden personality change. Veronica seems to have gone back into her shell, any confidence she's gained over the past few months completely diminishing. Ryder is a fucking bitch.

Every single day I fight the urge to wrap my hands around her throat. From the snarky remarks to the shallow insults, I am losing patience with her very quickly. Who knew a simple misunderstanding at the beach would lead to such a shitshow. I don't know what I was thinking convincing myself I had feelings for Ryder. I just got distracted in flirting with her and how she would help out when dealing with my mom. Just because she would make a flirty comment here and there and would talk to my mom hours on end to take her mind off of the cancer taking over her body, doesn't mean I like the bitch.

I let out an audible sigh as I slammed my locker shut. That stupid word I looked up in class won't leave my head; anxiety. I don't have that shit but I can't help but notice the tightness in my chest and the difficulty to breathe. My mom has fucking cancer and I'm complaining over a little shortness of breath? Fucking pathetic.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I felt two hands rub my shoulders sensually. I turned around to Kylie smirking as she moved her hands to wrap around my neck.

"I miss you" she pouted her lips, "I feel like we've been spending no time together"

"I've been busy" I fought the urge to roll my eyes yet for some reason my hands found their way to her waist anyway. I needed a distraction; I've been too stressed lately.

"Too busy for me?" she questioned batting her long eyelashes at me. This bitch. Before I got the chance to answer I heard Ryder's loud voice from across the hallway. I looked over to see her talking to Veronica but her eyes were directed towards me and Kylie.

"Don't people realize this is a school and not a porno?" she aimed the question towards Veronica but continue to shoot daggers towards us. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oh Ryder, don't get jealous that no guy would ever even look your way" I sent her a sarcastic smile. She was quick to roll her eyes as she leaned back against the lockers.

"God. I am so sorry that I won't just open my legs to any guy that passes" she paused moving her gaze to Kylie, "Unlike some people".

"You fucking bitch" she barked moving away from my hold on her as she stomped right in front of Ryder. Honestly, I was surprised as most people don't stand up to her, let alone get in her face.

"What are you gonna do?" she questioned with amusement in her voice, "claw my eyes out with your daggers for nails? Or stab me with your 9-inch heels?"

"Ryder..." Veronica warned keeping her voice soft but obviously concerned for what Ryder is going to do. Ryder had a smirk on her face while Kylie clenched her jaw so hard I thought it was going to break.

I felt a pat on my back as Nick walked up next to me nodding his head towards the two girls about to rip each others heads off while the third tries to play peacemaker.

"What's going on with them?" he asked with an amused smile on his face.

"Ryder said Kylie sleeps around with every guy she sees, which isn't really a lie, so Kylie is throwing a bitch fit. They'll probably fight or some shit. I mean, Ryder's already punched her in the face once" I laughed thinking back on that day when Ryder met Veronica. Who knew the chaos that would go on from there.

"And what about my girl? Why is she caught up in the middle?" Nick asked looking slightly concerned.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Your girl? Thought she was nothing but your tutor?"