Chapter 3

^Veronica^

~ Grayson's P.O.V. ~

I woke up this morning with the thought of what happened with Ryder instantly flooding to my head. I can't believe she has the damn fucking nerve to curse off her dad. That shit pisses me the fuck off. Shaking my head I got out of bed, and instantly made my way to the room across from mine. I opened the door and let out a cheerful smile.

"Hey mama, you're up early" I said as I sat down next to her. Her blue eyes looked into mine.

"Yeah, I fell asleep early last night" she said in a weak voice. I looked her over. Her skin was getting paler by the day, and her voice was getting weaker. All her hair was gone leaving her with a bald head. She put on weight since she's been diagnosed considering she can't get out of bed. The only thing she truly has left is her piercing blue eyes. Damn fucking cancer. It's practically ripping my mom away from me.

"What do you want for breakfast ma?" I asked in a sweet tone. What can I say? I have a soft spot for my mama.

"Potatoes" she smiled brightly at me as I sighed. The cancer is basically taking over her brain, so she doesn't always makes sense when she talks or will lose her train of thought very easily.

"How about some waffles?" I suggested.

"Potato waffles?" She giggled.

"Just regular waffles mom, I'll go make them" I said getting up and making my way downstairs. It looks like today is gonna be one of her bad days where she isn't completely with it. Some days I will be able to have full conversations with her and the next she'll just act like a whole different person.

After making my mom waffles and turning on some cartoons for her, I waited for the nurse to arrive. I had to hire a nurse to take care of my mom when I'm at school, cause my dad is never home. He spends most of his time out of the house. I don't blame him cause I know it's hard for him to see his wife in the condition she's in. But I just wish he would help me out with her a little bit.

When the nurse arrived I greeted her then headed off to school. I turned off my car and took a deep breath preparing for the drama and attention. As soon as I stepped out of the car, Kylie Grant, the schools biggest slut came up to me. (Sorry if your name is Kylie).

She instantly clung onto me pressing her mouth to mine. I closed my eyes and let it happen. I need a good distraction. She pulled away about a minute later and smirked at me.

"I'll see you later Grayson" she winked before heading into school making sure to sway her hips as she walked away.

I saw a car pull up next to me. Looking over, I recognized that long blondish brown hair that I hate oh so much. I sent her a glare but she kept her sunglasses on and her head down like she was trying to avoid contact with everyone. Ha, not so fast sweetheart.

I quickly walked in front of her and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Move" Ryder ordered still not picking her head up.

"No" I smirked. She tried to move around me but I quickly caught her wrist turning her back around. Then I noticed she had a busted lip.

"What the fuck happened to your lip?" I asked then noticed a slight discolor behind her sunglasses. Before she could react, I ripped her sunglasses off her face, revealing a swollen left eye, "What the fuck happened to your eye? What the fuck happened to you? Did I do this to you?" My voice instantly softened as I cupped her face worried I was the cause of this damage. She pushed my hands away and rolled her eyes.