Chapter 8

Ryder's P. O. V.

As the week went on, my relationship with Grayson only worsened. We usually ignore each other in the hallway, or if we do talk it's just shooting rude and sarcastic remarks at each other.

He's been mostly going to the gym at night and since I go right after school I haven't seen him there much.

Since he saw the drawing of him, we haven't spoke of it since that day. Once I told him, he coldly looked at me before turning away to do his work. I know I said I wanted us to go back to normal where we hate each other but I can't help but feel a pang of hurt. Even though I know I'm basically causing all this pain to myself.

Since Grayson and I have avoided each other it was weird when he walked up to me during lunch one day. He sat down across from me and looked at me with hooded eyes. At first he said nothing causing me to break the silence.

"Um... Did you need something?" I asked hinting for him to either talk or go away.

"Come over after school" he stated simply. I choked on my water and stared at him with wide eyes before regaining my composure.

"Excuse me?" I asked not believing what he just said.

"I said come over after school" he growled, since I know how much he hated repeating himself.

"Um, yeah I got that part, what I don't understand is why?" I questioned.

"Listen, I obviously don't want you over. But since the day you slept over my mom has not stopped talking about you and how your such a sweet, adorable girl," he said rolling his eyes, "Ever since you to had that conversation -that I don't even know what it was about- she's been wanting to talk to you again"

A small smile played on my face. Grayson's mom was such a sweet woman. I would absolutely love to talk to her again.

"Gray-" I started but he cut me off.

"Please."

I let out a small sigh and gave him a little smile.

"Sure I would love too" I said.

"Okay meet me by my motorcycle after school. But don't make it to obvious. I don't want people seeing us together" he said lowly before getting up and walking back to his table. I rolled my eyes at his comment and continued to pick at my food. I started to think and then something dawned on me. Where's Veronica? As if on cue I heard a chair being scraped across from me. As I looked up I saw Veronica's face with a wide grin spread across it. I couldn't help but smile at her happiness.

"Hey, where have you been?" I asked.

"Well I was just finishing up a test and when I walks into the cafeteria I saw Grayson talking to you and I was too scared to come over so I just waited" she said. I chuckled lightly. We continued to talk for a bit before my eyes scanned the cafeteria. As I glanced around I saw Nick looking over here before realizing he was caught, which caused him to turn away blushing.

I smiled and turned to Veronica, who was ranting about how some element was being taken off of the periodic table or some shit.

"-Roni, I hate to cut you off from such an important topic, but I just wanted to let you know that Nick was staring over here" I said. Just at the mention of his name a deep blush formed on her face.

"So what happened the night of the fight between you two?" I asked curiously. She looked down sheepishly.

"Nothing really, I mean we just watched your fight that's all" she smiled, but for some reason it seemed bigger than usual.