Chapter 28

Grayson's P.O.V.

I got home from breakfast with Ryder pretty tipsy. When she went to the bathroom, I filled my half drank Coke the rest of the way up with alcohol. I knew she suspected something but thankfully I didn't give her a chance to press the topic.

My mom is getting worse by the day and my mind has been really fucking me up lately. I've been having these crazy mood swings and can't seem to get rid of this overwhelming feeling in my chest. Alcohol is the only temporary fix right now.

I took another long swig from the water bottle I stuffed in my pocket. Okay, I might be a little more than just tipsy, but I was able to hide my drunk state from Ryder. I walked in to see my dad sitting at the counter where I left him. My hands instantly formed into tight fists and I saw my vision start to fade in and out as anger overtook my body. I stormed over to this bastard who sat looking unbothered. I grabbed him by the shirt bringing my face just mere centimeters from his. He had this awful smirk on his face.

"I'm going to say this one time so you better listen, because I will not repeat myself" my voice was a deadly calm, "What the fuck did you do to Ryder?"

"I've never seen you care about a girl like this Grayson. What? Was her pussy that good or something? By the looks of her, I wouldn't mind spending a night in bed with that pretty thing"

In the blink of an eye he was on the floor, blood pouring out of his nose. He had a shocked looked on his disgusting face but it was quickly replaced with amusement. This motherfucker finds this shit funny.

Before I knew it a fist flew into my face making me stumble a bit from both the force and my non-sober state. He took that slight stumble as a chance to hit me again, this time sending me to the ground.

"You will not disrespect me in my own house" he growled. I brought my hand up to my mouth to see blood escaping from it. I quickly spat the mouthful of blood on the ground standing up and charging into my dad sending both of us to the floor. I sat over him, sending hard punches to his face. He fought back, admittedly getting a few good hits in. Finally, I released him standing up and looking down at the poor, pathetic excuse of a man.

"You go near Ryder, you look at Ryder, you so much as think about Ryder and I will make sure you never see the light of day again"

For once he didn't have an amused smirk on his face as he lay on the ground, a bloody mess. I saw drops of blood drip slowly from my face. I don't care how hurt I am, that fucker got the damage he deserved.

Walking upstairs I left him to lay there for God knows how long. Ryder doesn't know and she will never find out, but I would do anything to protect her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next day sore from the previous events. Yesterday went by in a blur as I did nothing productive, but check in on my mom every now and then, and lay in my bed bathing in self pity. Today resulted in roughly the same actions, as anxiety built in my chest thinking about this movie night sleepover shit drawing near. I am oddly nervous to see Ryder, which doesn't make sense considering I was just nice to her a day ago.

I pulled out my phone ready to search the internet of all my unanswered questions. I'm tired of not knowing what is going on with me. Just as I did in class, I typed out all the shit I've been feeling: mood swings, aggressive anger, easily irritable, and continuously pushing people out of my life. I expected to see articles on cheesy websites how these are all normal teenage things. But, a word came up that I've been throwing around carelessly but never meant seriously.

Bipolar Disorder.

I know I say I have these weird mood swings or whatever, but everybody has that right? I know my mood swings may seem extreme, but some people are more stressed out than others. And of course I'm going to be sad, I mean my mom is dying so that's a pretty good excuse.