Chapter 33

Grayson's P.O.V.

This girl is going to be the death of me. As I walked Ryder to her car after the fight I couldn't help but keep glancing over at her. Eventually, she caught me.

"Is there something on my face or are you finally getting the balls to kiss me?" she raised her eyebrows rather sassily. This of course caused me to roll my eyes.

"Yeah, you wish" I muttered.

"Yeah I guess" she shrugged making my eyes widen. Her flirting is getting a lot bolder recently.

Ryder arrived at her car and leaned against it, smirking up at me. I tried to recover from my shock and play along with her little game. Suddenly, I found myself with an arm resting above her head and the other touching her hip with a ghost touch.

It was her turn for nerves to run through her body as I watched her swallow slightly.

"Ya know," I leaned towards her, my lips brushing against her ear, "One of these days I'm going to take you up on that offer, so you might want to be careful"

She pushed me away taking the opportunity to put some distance between us.

"You're annoying" she grumbled then turned towards her car, unlocking it.

"By the way," I started, "You're an absolute idiot for fighting tonight. You were already hurt, I don't know why you would take a fight"

She opened her car door but didn't get inside yet.

"Remember the first time we were at the gym together?" she questioned. I stared at her blankly.

"Are you just going to completely ignore what I just said?"

"We were so close to making out and we literally just met that day" she answered my question by continuing her own thoughts, "Isn't that so weird? We bump into each and then the very same day we find out that we've both been going to Tony's gym forever"

"Yeah I guess that is odd" I abandoned my own conversation to carry on with hers.

"It's your fault you know" Ryder pointed an accusatory finger at me. I playfully put a hand over my heart.

"My fault?!" I faked shock.

"Yes" she smiled an adorable grin up at me, "If it wasn't for your stupid flirting I wouldn't have been late, and then Tony wouldn't have made me stay later"

"Well," I started, "Aren't you glad you ended up staying?"

She looked down for a moment as if the question took her off guard.

"Otherwise you wouldn't have met this sexy, amazing specimen in front of you" I smirked trying to ease the bit of tension. She rolled her eyes and shoved me yet again.

"You were the one trying to pull moves on me!" I rolled my eyes at her statement, although it may be true. I can't help but imagine if we had kissed then. Now, I'm too much of a pussy to even try and make a move.

"Well, either way, it got cut short by your idiotic father calling you" I mentioned causing her face to pale slightly. shit.

"I forgot about that" her tone was lower, with less excitement to it, "He was bothering me about what time I was coming home, probably so I could clean up his mess. And then you freaked out on me saying I should be lucky he even cares. You said they though. As in both my parents. That's what got me so mad. I was mad that you didn't know my life. You didn't know that my mom was dead and that my dad couldn't give less than a shit about me. But you acted like you did"