Chapter 32

Ryder's P.O.V.

I came home to nothing, still just a missing father. It's definitely been peaceful around here but pretty lonely. Maybe that's why I've been hanging around douchebag #1 and #2 a lot.

My Sunday went quick too as I tried to gather my emotions and bottle them back up. I can't believe I cried over stupid Grayson and my dad. Both inconsiderate assholes.

Finally, I'm back at school standing in front of my locker getting my books. I really just can't wait for winter break. Even though I just got back, I'm already over this fucking school.

I have no clue what I'm going to do for the holidays but I'll figure something out. Maybe me and Veronica can go to her house and watch a movie or something. Or I'll spend it alone; Veronica actually has people to spend the holidays with.

First, I just need to focus on getting to Halloween.

"Hi!" a hand landed on my shoulder scaring the shit out of me. I instantly turned and grabbed the person's shirt.

Veronica stared at me with wide eyes. I sighed and let her go.

"How are you?" she asked cautiously, trying to test the waters to see if I'm still upset from the other night.

"I'm fine" I grumbled grabbing my last book out of my locker, "Sorry I left you alone Saturday, the anger was just kicking in"

"Oh, that's alright. The boys were still there so I wasn't alone. Well, Grayson left very shortly after you. And I left very shortly after Grayson because I didn't want to be alone with Nick"

I simply nodded and started walking down the hallway. "How are you feeling from Nick's whole dumbass moment?"

Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up but to be fair I was genuinely curious.

She shrugged lightly and clutched her books to her chest, "I'm better now. I'm not his girlfriend and it really is just a silly crush. I know we're not together nor will we ever get together. It isn't some cliche story where the shy nerd falls for the player bad boy"

Maybe not for me, but for you darling; you're matching that cliche spot on.

I didn't tell her that though, I just followed up on my thoughts about Nick all along. "He's an asshole anyway. You don't need him"

"Yeah" she muttered slightly, "You're right" she smiled.

"Well, I'll catch you later V. I gotta get to class," I said causing her to smile, "What?"

"I'm glad you actually care about going to class" she nudged me.

"Shut up!" I laughed pushing her away.

We parted ways and I entered into English. Grayson and all his friends were already there. Seems like I'm not the only one that cares about going to class early.

"Ryder!" Nick called out from across the room. Why does he always need to be so loud?

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Why are you so moody? Still bummed out from Saturday? I can find a way to cheer you up sweet cheeks" he winked. I noticed Grayson sitting back in his chair with his arms crossed, not contributing to the conversation at all. Good. I don't want to speak to him right now anyway.

"Shut the fuck up Nick. Besides, you have you're little crush on my nerdy best friend. You proved on Saturday you're willing to get rid of any girl just to make a girl you're not even with happy" I smiled sarcastically.

His two other friends erupted into laughter while Grayson wore a small smile on his face. Nick looked embarrassed from me calling him out.

"Damn, Ryder really knows what buttons to push huh?" Heath said shoving Nick playfully. I smiled at him since he's the one that barely talks out of the group.