Chapter 18

Grayson's P.O.V.

"She's literally bipolar" I put my head in my hands, taking a sip from her chocolate milkshake that she left.

"Dude you guys have the weirdest relationship I've ever seen" Nick says with a chuckle.

"We're not even in a relationship! That's why she has me so fucking confused. She acts like we're in love one day then goes back to wanting to rip my head off. Girls are literally the most confusing thing on the planet" I sighed.

"You're telling me!" Nick yells, "Veronica was ready to kill me this morning in the car for flirting with her and now she's all cuddled up like she can't get enough of me! I know I'm irresistible but come on, she's sending me mixed signals here"

"Out of all the girls in the world how did we get stuck with these two?" I asked him.

"I have no clue man, but I know one thing. We're fucked" Nick responds with a defeated look.

"Wow. That was kind of harsh" a voice spoke from behind Nick and I. I looked back to see Veronica standing with her arms crossed and Ryder right behind her with her hands on her hips. Surprisingly it was Veronica's voice that spoke, and for once Ryder was remained silent.

"Veronica, baby" Nick quickly shuffled up standing in front of her. She took a step away from him with a disgusted look.

"Don't call me that" she glanced at him, disappointment shining in her eyes, "Sorry you got stuck with the two of us out of 'all the girls in the world'. But don't worry we'll make it easy for you and just leave now so you're not 'fucked' like you said"

I felt my heart twitch as I looked at Ryder who avoided eye contact with me. They thought we were embarrassed of them! That's not what I meant at all. Sometimes the two of them are just very confusing and difficult. Nick said we're fucked because we both know we're already in too deep to pull back now.

"It's not like that-" I started to explain.

Ryder cut me off.

"Save it. Just shut the fuck up. All I try to do is fucking help you. All Veronica tries to do is help Nick. I'm tired of this Grayson. I'm tired of you picking and choosing when you feel like being in a relationship. I'm tired of you shutting me down when I'm trying to help. I'm tired of you acting like you don't know me when we're in school. I'm tired of you being the sweetest guy on earth then acting like a total douchebag the next day. Fuck you Grayson Jones. You're an asshole who tried to convince me I was different and I fell for your stupid game and sweet words. Sorry you guys got stuck with us for the past few weeks. Oh, and also you can find your own ride home dickhead"

With that Ryder grabbed Veronica by the wrist and the two of them walked away. For once both Nick and I stood speechless. I looked at him and he looked at me. Neither of us knew what to say. Finally Nick broke the awaiting silence.

"Welp, we better start walking"

Idiot.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Nick and I were able to grab a taxi and we ended up splitting the fee. I got dropped off first and nodded bye to Nick. I knew we would probably talk about this later. Maybe when we both actually knew what to say.

I walked into my house. I felt like screaming. I feel trapped. God, I just want to pack up and leave and start new but I can't leave this life behind. At least not until I finish taking care of my mom.