Chapter 14

Ryder's P.O.V.

"You wanna hang out after school?"

I gave him a blank stare. Is he serious? I rolled my eyes. One parted me want to say no but the other part wanted to say yes.

I didn't want to completely reject him but I was in so much pain that I could barely walk, "I'm busy tonight" I said but then internally winced at the pain.

His face dropped to a disappointed but then he quickly covered it with a cold glare.

"Whatever." He muttered. I felt kind of bad but oh well.

The bell finally rang. I told Veronica that I would catch up with her later as I made my way to the bathroom. I quickly checked all the stalls, and once I made sure it was empty I locked the door. I slowly made my way to the mirror. I lifted up my shirt only to wince at the pain. Fucking hell, I can't even see my skin color because my stomach is so fucking bruised. I clenched my jaw as I stared into the mirror, remembering what happened the night before.

*Flashback*

I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep as I lie awake in bed. Sure, maybe people can change but overnight? I don't think so. Maybe my dad finally sees how fucked he's treated me, but I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing.

Maybe it's too late for him to change. Maybe it's too late for me to accept that change. Maybe I'm too far fucked for everything to go back to normal. I'm too broken. I'm too worthless.

Fuck. Now there's no way I'm going to sleep. I sighed and got up walking over to closet grabbing a random sweatshirt.

I quietly snuck down the hallway and out the front door . It was cold , which made me grateful that I put on a sweatshirt. I walked down the street with my hands tucked into my pockets. As I passed an alleyway I heard yelling, and then I heard muffled screaming. I looked at my phone. 12:16. What the fuck. It's just passed midnight, what's going on?

Mind your own business Ryder. Don't turn around. Keep walking. Yet, of course I'm a stubborn idiot, who turned around and went back to the source of the yelling. As I peaked my head into the alley, I felt the urge to both punch a wall and throw up at the same time.

A guy had a girl who couldn't have been more than an inch or two taller than me, pressed up against the wall. He was disgustingly feeling her up as he covered her mouth at the same time. The girl had tears streaming down her face, and her eyes clenched shut as she tried to push the man off of her.

Don't get involved. Call the cops. Ha, by the time the cops get here it will be too late, so again as my body took control over my mind, I found myself walking closer to the two.

"Yo!" I shouted, "What the fuck are you doing?"

The guy quickly spun around with wide eyes. But as our eyes met, I felt like time froze.

Ryan.

Nice Ryan. Sweet Ryan. Ryan who insisted we go out and get coffee sometime. Ryan who Grayson beat the shit out of after he grabbed my ass. Shit. The Ryan that grabbed my ass. That although didn't put up much of a fight against Grayson, still fought back. And now I am standing face to face with him as he still has his arm pressed up against the girl who's blouse was unbuttoned along with her pants.

My face turned into a disgusted scowl as he smirked.

"Ryder Russo. The girl who never returned my calls. The girl who had the nerve to choose some douche over me. The girl who got her pathetic boyfriend to beat me up for her"