Chapter 5

Grayson's P.O.V.

I finally finished training with Tony as Ryder sat against wall typing away on the new phone she got considering she smashed the old one into pieces. That bitch was smiling like an idiot so I knew she was probably texting that fuckboy that she met. I continued to glare at her until Tony broke the silence.

"Grayson man, are you coming to Temper's fight tomorrow?" He asked causing Ryder to look up and smile at me to which I gave her an icy look yet again.

"Yeah you should come if you want. Ryan's coming" she smirked.

"I'll be there." I said way too fast causing the two of them to smirk again. "Listen, all I'm saying is that I don't trust this Ryan guy"

"You never met him though" Ryder laughed.

"It doesn't matter, I'll beat his ass if he tries anything on you" I snapped causing Ryder to blush ever so slightly.

"Thanks but I can take care of myself" she growled, making me roll my eyes. Then she snapped her fingers like she remembered something, "Oh! And invite your friend Nick tomorrow"

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because my friend Veronica is coming and she's like madly in love with him" Ryder laughed.

"Um okay" I chuckled.

***************************

Ryder announced that she was leaving a little while ago, so I figured I should head out too.

I said goodbye to Tony and walked outside, ready to hop on bike and make my way home.  As I approached my motorcycle, I noticed Ryder's car was still here. Confused, I walked over to see why. Ryder was laying across the backseat using her gym bag as a pillow and her jacket as a blanket. Her crystal blue eyes were shielded by her eyelids, and her chest rose up and down in a soft pattern.

Her peaceful sleeping was interrupted when I began to bang on the window. She jolted up with wide eyes until she saw me. Then she relaxed and flipped me off. I tried to open the car door but it was locked. So I continued to bang on the car window, ignoring her shouts for me to go away. Finally after a few minutes I heard an angry sigh and felt the door being pushed open.

I met the eyes of a very angry Ryder Russo with her arms crossed out in front of her. I almost felt intimidated by her intense stare. Almost.

"What the fuck do you want?" She snapped. Well, obviously she is a moody person when she wakes up.

"Why are you sleeping in your car?" I asked concern hinting my voice to which I mentally punched myself. I refuse to let her see my sensitive side, so if I start to show her that I'm worried, well I'm screwed.

"Why do you care?" She asked looking me in the eyes.

"Listen I'm only looking out for you as respect for a fellow fighter. It's not good for you to sleep in your car a day before your fight. If you sleep on something the wrong way or are to stiff to fight, Tony will absolutely murder your ass. And I wouldn't want to see that pretty ass of yours get murdered" I smirked, my flirtatious side finding its way back.

Ryder rolled her eyes yet again before speaking, "Listen, it doesn't matter why I'm in my car but I have to sleep here and I can't go home. I can't tell you why so why don't you just fuck off"

What I said next surprised the both of us,

"Why don't you just come to my house?"

She just stared at me as if I said the craziest thing she has ever heard. As soon as I said it, I instantly regretted it.  I was shocked those words when came out my mouth. But what she said, surprised me even more.