Chapter 12

Ryder's P. O. V.

Fuck Grayson. Fuck his beautiful gray eyes. Fuck his wonderful 8 pack abs. Fuck his gorgeous lips. Fuck-

Wait. What am I talking about again?

Oh yeah, Grayson's an asshole. I was only trying to help. I understand it's his mom, and maybe it wasn't my place to step in, but I don't want to see her live like this. I've only known her for a short period of time and she already made such a great impact on my life. I want what's best for her, and I don't think rotting away in a house where she can not be provided for all the time is healthy. She needs as much help as she can get, which means she needs someone with her 24/7.

Whatever. Grayson can do whatever the fuck he wants cause I'm done with his shit.

By the time I got home after our argument it was getting late. As in 'happy hour' late. I'm sure my dad was drunk off his ass right now, and I'm really not in the mood. I walked inside to find my dad sitting at the kitchen table. I'm pretty surprised he's not drunk off his ass.

"Hey dad" I said lightly. He just let out a low growl. Then he stood up and walking over to the fridge grabbing a beer.

"I got laid off" he said nonchalantly, then added a chuckle "...again"

My mouth hung open. We can't afford him losing his job. We are barely paying the bills the way it is. I took a deep breath and tried to keep my voice calm.

"Why?" I asked.

"I told you, I was laid off" he rolled his eyes.

"Cut the shit" I snapped, "You and I both know you probably did some stupid crap to get fired"

"Well, maybe it was because I showed up drunk and told my boss to suck my dick" he smiled.

I took a deep breath in and clenched my jaw but before I knew it, a smile appeared on my face. I found myself throwing my head back with laughter.

"You're not m-mad?" He asked still stumbling his words because of his drunk state.

"No," I chuckled walking over to him, "I said the same thing to my teacher"

I smiled remembering how that was the day Grayson and I sat on the roof of the gym and talked.

My dad smiled at me and threw an arm over my shoulders.

"That's my girl"

Sure we don't have the ideal father - daughter relationship but we're all each others got. We have our ups and downs but I wouldn't trade him for anything.

**********************

After that talk with my dad, I went up to my room. I was actually in a good mood.

I smiled to myself but that was quickly wiped away when I thought of Grayson. I don't know why I care so much. It's not like he's my boyfriend or something.

Holy shit I need to stop thinking about him.

I decided to draw to take my mind off of him. Now that I think about it, I haven't drawn in a while.

I sat at my desk tapping my pencil against the wood thinking of something that I can transfer from my mind to the paper.

I smiled when I remembered my moms birthday was coming up. Now that I think about it I haven't really got a tattoo in honor of her yet.

I mean, I got her name and the date she passed away but it's really small and hidden away somewhere near my rib cage.

An excited smile found its way onto my face, as I began to draw.