Chapter 20

Grayson's P.O.V.

School was to quick to end and I could tell Nick was getting frustrated.

"It's just fucking stupid dude. Ryder is such a cockblock. She's with Veronica 24/7, these tutoring sessions are the only alone time I have with her" he complained throwing his head back with a groan. We stood by our motorcycles waiting for the girls to come out of school.

"Might want to be careful bro, it's starting to sound like you have a little crush" I smirked teasing him. In an instant he sent a hard punch to my shoulder causing me to laugh.

"I don't fucking like the nerd! I'm just trying to fuck her" he rolled his eyes as he explained for what seems like the 100th time. I just chuckled and didn't even bother with responding. I looked to the doors of the schools just as Ryder and Veronica walked out. Both of them laughed as Ryder lightly shoved Veronica to the side while Veronica showed off her prominent dimples with a wide smile. As they neared their smiles faded slightly.

"Hi Nick", Veronica tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "Where did you want to study today?"

"Let's go to my house, I'm sick of the stupid library" Nick complained already getting on his motorcycle, "You riding with me?"

Veronica looked at him with wide eyes, "I don't want to die!", She looked at the motorcycle like it was some kind of death trap.

"I'll drive us Ronnie, come on" Ryder laughed, "Nick text V your address"

"She already knows it" Nick winked, causing Veronica to blush deeply and look down. Ryder stared at her with her mouth hanging open.

"We are so talking about this in that car" Ryder pulled Veronica's arm ushering her away as Veronica let out a loud groan. I noticed that Ryder didn't speak a word to me that whole time. I guess I should of expected that but she didn't even glance my way. My stomach turned in an uncomfortable way. Oh well, she is going to be forced to speak to me while Veronica and Nick are studying, unless she wants to just sit in an awkward silence.

—————————————-

Nick and I arrived at his house at the same time considering we were racing. I totally fucking beat him. I guess the girls saw because Veronica stormed out of the car with an angry look while Ryder wore an amused one.

"Nicholas Morrello, you could have gotten hurt! I already told you to be careful on that thing, now what if you crashed? There are about 1,570 deaths by motorcycle crashes per year! Assuming you were going a high speed, you could have gotten seriously hurt or worse. You are 37 times more likely to get in an accident on a motorcycle than in a car. You can't be that irresponsible-"

Nick cut her off by placing both his hands on her hips and pulling her close to him. He leaned his face close to where they were only an inch or two apart. She quickly shut up as her face turned a bright red.

"Babe, I'm right here aren't I? Not dead or in an accident. Seems like you're starting to worry about me my little nerd" he smirked looking at Veronica with his eyes gleaming. I looked over at Ryder just as she glanced at me. We both gave each other a knowing look, smiles finding its way to both our faces. I made a dramatic heart with my hands, as she faked swooning and put a hand to her head. Both of us laughed out loud until she looked away, almost as if she caught herself having fun with me.

I looked down shoving my hands in my pockets. I hate how fucking awkward we're acting. I would rather us be at each other's throats or flirting, acting like we're dating. Not this in between shit. I glanced back over at Nick to see him kiss Veronica's forehead and throw an arm lazily around her shoulders. He led her inside, gesturing for me and Ryder to follow.