Chapter 21

Ryder's P.O.V.

I am currently debating whether murder is worth it right now.

As I drive back to school with Veronica so she can pick up her car, I seriously wonder if I should kill Nick. My hands grip the steering wheel turning my knuckles white as I glance over at Veronica. She stares out the window obviously hurt and very affected by Nick's words. Although she has grown some confidence these past few months, I know her crush on Nick is still very prominent.

"Ronnie," I started not sure what to say, "I'm really sorry about what Nick said back there."

She looked over at me and put a light smile on her face that certainly did not reach her eyes. "It's alright Ry! He's right anyway. There is no way I could even stand a chance with him. I mean, have you seen the girls in our school?"

I wanted to tell her she was wrong. I wanted to tell her Nick only had eyes for her. I wanted to tell her it was obvious Nick gained real feelings for her. But I didn't. This would only make her continue to crush on Nick, and Nick is not exactly on my good side right now. What Veronica needs is to stay as far away from Nick as possible. He is only going to hurt her more.

"You're gorgeous Veronica. Nick is a stupid, egotistical moron who only goes for girls who put out on the first date. He will probably end up marrying some stuck-up bitch like Kylie in order to feed his ego" I spat out, although there was truth behind my words. I think she knew that too as she played with the fabric of her shirt. We fell into silence as I approached the parking lot of the school.

"Grayson is the same way you know" Veronica finally spoke. My eyebrows furrowed as I put my car in park, "Both of them are just scared to be vulnerable. They open a bit then quickly drawback when they think they've exposed too much. For months you've tried to get through to Grayson but he just pushes you away. He is gonna end up like Nick; Married to a girl that he doesn't have to open up to so he can live a safe life, free from being vulnerable to anyone or anything"

Well, god damn.

Veronica holds a lot more inside than she lets on. I know she's book smart but I see she is wise too. I sighed, leaning back into my seat.

"We need to take our mind off of all this bullshit. Want to hang out? We can go to the store or something" I quickly suggested, not giving Veronica more time to think about that asshole.

"Yeah, let's go to the mall" she smiled, as I already put the car in drive and headed in that direction.

---------------------------

The mall was fairly busy when we arrived. We've been to a few stores not really shopping for anything specific. We are currently in some beauty store even though Veronica and I don't know the first thing about makeup.

"God, this must be Kylie's heaven with all the cake she puts on her face" I rolled my eyes picking up random items just to throw them back on the shelf.

"I think Kylie is really pretty," Veronica said simply causing me to make a face of horror.

"What the fuck did you just say? You realize she bullied the shit out of you before we became friends, right? Everything about her is fake. There is no way she looks even remotely like the same person under all that makeup" I said disgustedly. Just the thought of her makes me feel sick. It's only because I hate her, it has nothing to do with Grayson. They can make out and fuck all they want, it doesn't bother me. Stupid bitch.

"I don't know, I feel like we all use something to hide our insecurities. Maybe hers is her physical appearance. I still think she is beautiful" Veronica entered the hair product aisle as I followed closely behind her. Maybe she's right, we all struggle with what people think of us or how they view us. Shit, I know when I look in the mirror I hate the person I see.