Chapter 23

Ryder's P.O.V.

Suspended. Fuck.

Luckily Ms. P had some amount of sympathy for me and Grayson as she told us we weren't going to be expelled as long as we attended detention for the rest of the year. I guess it's better than starting a new school Senior year.

Once I left her office, I headed right out of school and towards the parking lot. As I exited the building I felt an arm swing over my shoulders. I looked to the side only to see Nick's dumbass goofy grin smiling down at me.

"What's up cutie? Where's Grayson? Why isn't he with you? Did you get expelled? Oh fuck, you guys got expelled didn't you?" Nick rambled as his concern grew higher with each question. I rolled my eyes pushing his arm off of me.

"How many times do I need to tell you to leave me alone? You're like Kylie's STD's. You just keep coming back!" I said annoyed that this kid is now all the sudden acting normal with me.

"You didn't answer any of my questions" he pointed out.

"Cause they were all stupid" I growled wishing nothing more than to be in my car right now.

"Not really cause I asked where Grayson is, which is pretty important because he's my best friend and I want to make sure he's okay. Also, I asked why you're not together because you guys were kind of in the office at the same time...duh. And I asked if you were expelled and that's like, really important cause then I don't get to see two of my three favorite people and... GRAYSON!"

Thank god. One more word and I was going to punch this fucker in the throat. I turned to see Gray walking towards us with an annoyed look on his face. Nick, on the other hand, ran over to Grayson tackling him in a hug as he hung on for dear life.

"Nick," Grayson mumbled pushing the excited friend away, "I got suspended not fucking shot"

"Oh thank god! I thought I was going to lose you forever!" he explained dramatically. Grayson just rolled his eyes moving his gaze over to me.

"How many days did you get?" he asked, his eyes boring into mine.

"3, how bout you?" I questioned. I'm kind of looking forward to a few days off of school, although I would have probably just skipped anyway.

"Same" Grayson's cold eyes met mine then quickly looked around as if now avoiding them, "So what are you going to do on your days off?"

"The fuck do you care?" I snapped. These two were pissing me off. Where did this change of attitude come from?

"Ryder...No offense, but you're a bitch" Nick laughed as he raised his eyebrows. Grayson chuckled along with him shrugging his shoulders in agreeance.

"I'm not a bitch you fucking asshole!" I yelled. Grayson gave me a pointed look, "Okay maybe I'm a little bit of a bitch" I mumbled.

Grayson smiled and I couldn't help but notice how nice it was. The sight of Grayson having a genuine smile on his face, even if it is just for a moment, is rare. His jawline was accentuated and smile lines framed his grin. Eventually, he snapped his finger in front of my face.

"Were you checking me out?" Grayson smirked looking very amused.

"No! Ew, I would never. I was just judging how ugly you are" I sighed at my lame excuse of getting caught, "You're not such hot stuff so don't flatter yourself"

"Sure, whatever you say Ryder" he rolled his eyes as Nick laughed out loud.

"This change of attitude for the two of you is pissing me off," I said quickly changing the subject, "Grayson I always expect you to be an asshole but Nick why have you been such a dick lately?"