Chapter 13

Grayson's P. O. V.

It's been weeks since I had that argument with Ryder. Since then we've been at each other's throats. Constantly throwing insults at each other and trying to think of smart remarks to piss off the other person.

She just adds on to the stress that I already have. My mom has been doing worse. A lot worse. She can barely talk and it's really hard for her to breathe. Thinking about it now maybe I should of taken Ryder's advice and put her in a nursing home but I'm selfish. I'm an asshole. I want to spend the most amount of time with my mom that I can before she dies and I can't do that if she doesn't live at home.

A loud noise woke me up from my thoughts. Nick thumped me against the head hard.

"The fuck was that for?" I growled rubbing my head.

"Bro you're dazing off. You've been doing that a lot lately. Anyway the bell rang. Let's go were gonna be late for class"

"Since when do you care about being on time for class?" I questioned still pissed off.

"Since I realized Veronica doesn't like idiotic, irresponsible morons who don't go to class" he smirked.

"So you're changing your entire personality just so you can date Veronica?"

That doesn't sound like Nick.

"I'm temporarily changing my personality when I'm around Veronica so I can fuck her"

That sounds more like Nick.

We entered class and took our seats in the back.

"Bro I hate to break it to you but I don't think Veronica is just gonna fuck you" I said rolling my eyes.

"That's why I'm gonna get her to trust me until she ends up giving me her V card. I'll probably play the whole 'everybody judges me cause they think I'm a player and nobody understands me' card"

"Wow man you really are an asshole" I raised my eyebrows. He just rolled his eyes but he was distracted when someone walked into the classroom.

I turned my head to see Veronica walk in with Ryder right behind her. I narrowed my eyes at the tattooed girl. She looked up and scoffed when she saw me glaring at her.

The two girls took their seats on the other side of the classroom. Probably Ryder's idea.

"Dude, can you and Russo just make up or make out already? Holy shit, Veronica won't get close to me if you and Ryder are fighting" Nick whisper shouted.

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

"I'm not making up OR making out with that bitch" I snapped. Nick let out a loud groan and slammed his head against the desk causing me to laugh.

*************************

As class went on I kept sneaking looks at Ryder. She had her arm bandaged up. I don't remember her going to the gym lately so I don't know what happened. Maybe she's hurt? Not that I care.

"Hello? Mr. Jones? Are you still with us?" Mrs. Ranford asked waving a hand in front of my face causing my head to snap up. A few people chuckled but quickly shut up went I sent them a cold glare. I looked over at Ryder who had an amused smile on her face.

"Well? Your answer Mr. Jones?" Mrs. Ranford spoke again. I bit my lip and quickly tried to scan my brain for any bullshit answer I could come up with.

"Um... 7?" I questioned not having a clue what the fuck were talking about. A loud laugh sounded from the other side of the room. Ryder was cracking up not even trying to hide that fact that she found this whole situation beyond amusing. Veronica had a hand covering her mouth trying to shield her giggles.