Chapter 6

^Nick^

Grayson's P.O.V.

I woke up and instantly felt a body next to me. I opened my eyes to see Ryder's beautiful face snuggled into my bare chest. Beautiful? Oh god I'm going fucking soft. Then I realized my arms are protectively wrapped around her. A small smile formed on my face as I tightened my grip a bit tighter.

I gently tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. I watched as her chest slowly rose up and down and I could hear quiet snores escaping her mouth. For once she wasn't in her usual angry or sarcastic state, but a rather peaceful one. Oh shit I really have to snap myself out of this shit.

I slowly untangled myself from her being careful not to wake her up. I walked downstairs to find my dad already sitting at the table. I sent him a glare and then continued to the fridge.

"So I see that girl slept over-"

"-Ryder" I cut him off, causing him to let out a chuckle.

"Ah, yes Ryder, I'm surprised she's still here. You either kick a girl out that same night or right away in the morning" my dad said.

"I didn't fuck her" I snapped, "she's not like that. She just needed somewhere to stay for the night. Besides you should be the last one to judge on the subject of sleeping around"

He looked up from his newspaper shooting my daggers, but it had no affect on me.

"Don't you dare accuse me of something I am not. You have no reason to assume nor do you have any proof" he said with a smirk. Before I knew it I stormed over to him grabbing his shirt in my fist.

"Fuck you" I spat close to punching him in the face.

"I have my needs just like you do Grayson"

"You're cheating. Don't think I don't see you come home with hickeys on your neck, or lipstick stains on your shirt. You're a selfish bastard, who's not even close to being a fucking man" my grip tightening on his shirt as I looked him dead in the eye. But that sadistic smirk stayed on his face.

"You make me sound like I monster Grayson. I'm only fulfilling the needs that your mother can not provide"

"SHE DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING DIE YET!" I screamed reaching my breaking point. Just as I yelled I heard a creaking on the step. I snapped my head over to see Ryder at the end of the stairs with a shocked expression.

"Um... Sorry. I'm just gonna go upstairs-" she started.

"No" I interrupted, "Don't worry we're done here" I said releasing him and pushing him away. My dad angrily grabbed his keys and stormed out the door.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked trying to pretend that argument didn't just happen.

"Um... It doesn't matter, I'm good with anything" Ryder replied, caution in her voice. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I knew she was wondering, and wanted to ask more about what just happened but she kept her mouth shut. Maybe I'll tell her one day but I sure as hell don't want to talk about it right now. So she continued to sit at the table as I cooked eggs and bacon, trying to act normal. I have her a plate and she mumbled a thanks.

"I'm just bring these up to my mom" I said referring to the food, "and then we could go to the gym, so you can like prepare or whatever you need to do before a fight"