Chapter 29

Ryder's P.O.V.

Weird as fuck does not even slightly begin to explain tonight's events. Never in a million years would I picture getting drunk with Nick, Veronica, and Grayson on a Friday night. The original plan was just to watch a movie, which is weird in itself, but when Grayson showed up already drinking everything took a drastic turn.

Something is up with Grayson, I'm sure of it. It's not like him to show up to a hang-out already drunk. Not to mention the whole mysteriously filled cup thing at the diner. We will most definitely be having a conversation about it at a later time. But tonight, I'm just enjoying myself. I think I deserve a break with the amount of shit I've been dealing with recently. I don't normally like drinking considering the whole situation with my dad, but I'm finally letting myself let loose. Although, this fact of me not drinking a lot certainly explains how fucked I am right now over just a few shots.

My legs are currently resting over Grayson's lap as he has a hand placed on them. He subconsciously was using his thumb to stroke my leg. I looked at his sculpted face and wondered why I've never acted on my attraction to him before. Fuck, Ryder don't be stupid. You're were just about to kiss your enemy moments ago. This will all go away when you're sober.

"Yes Veronica!" snapped me out of my trance. Ronnie just downed what had to be her fourth or fifth shot. Finally her face screwed up into a disgusted look.

"Okay, okay. I'm done for now" she laughed throwing her hands up in surrender. Grayson let out a laugh making me look over at him. Smile lines filled both sides of his face. It had to be painful as I saw that every time he stretched his lips into a grin the cut on his lip reopened slightly. The bruise under his eye was swelling as well filling me with guilt.

I reached out touching his face. What a fucking dickhead to beat his own son. I guess I should be able to relate, but I've never cared about the beatings I receive from my dad; Grayson on the other-hand, he doesn't deserve this.

"Hey" he smiled towards me looking a bit surprised, "You're just like Nick. So touchy when you're drunk".

I glanced at Nick who had his arm around Veronica. She had one of her legs over one of his. His hand had a strong grip on her thigh and leaned in close when he was talking to her. As Veronica became less and less sober she didn't seem to mind Nick's affection.

Suddenly I processed Grayson's words.

"Don't compare me to Nick!" I slapped his chest looking offended. He laughed with that contagious grin.

"Hey!" Nick shouted joining in the conversation, "I'm like a God, who wouldn't want to be like me?!"

"Cocky..." I heard Veronica mumble causing me to laugh loudly. Nick obviously heard it to as he faked an offended look and began to tickle her. "Okay! Okay! You're great! You're amazing! Stoppp"

He finally released her with a wide genuine smile. I smiled lightly as well, happy that they're getting along. I rested my head on Grayson's shoulder with a content sigh.

"Let's play truth or drink!" Nick exclaimed clapping his hands like a child. Although I must admit this caught my attention I sat up and crossed my legs in front of me.

"Yes! Let's play pussies" I wore an excited smirk on my face. Grayson and Veronica shared an unsure look. I watched as Veronica sighed a shook her head playfully but obviously giving in while Grayson rolled his eyes and glanced at me. I shot him a cheesy grin to which he lightly pushed my face away. Nick got up and made us all mixed drinks. 

"Alright ladies and sort of gentlemen" Nick announced causing Grayson to throw a pillow at him which he easily dodged, "These drinks are about 10% juice and 90% alcohol so I would be careful about pussying out of a question if I were you"