Chapter 19

Ryder's P.O.V.

I walked into school with Veronica. She's been down ever since the incident at the beach. We stopped at her locker so she could get her books and I heard her sigh.

"V, fuck that kid. Nick is just an asshole, the more you think about him, the more you're gonna miss him" I said trying to get her to understand to Nick is literally a piece of shit.

"No, it's not that I like him or anything, besides we were never a thing or whatever" her hair fell in her face as a red blush took over her face, "I'm still his tutor so I have to meet up with him after school. I just don't want to see him"

I bit my lip in thought as I really felt bad for Veronica. I know she likes him but she's also grown some balls since we've met so she's not gonna give into his little games.

"Ah, Ryder please don't look to the right" Veronica said in a panicked tone. I rolled my eyes as I was obviously going to look now. I turned my head to see Grayson making out with Kylie against the lockers. I rolled my eyes yet again.

"Veronica don't waste your time on that, come on" I urged her along down the hallway. Grayson Jones is a fucking asshole. Sure yeah, he has some sweet sides to him but I'm done with his bipolar ass attitude. He acts like he wants me one minute and then treats me like shit the next. I've been dealing with someone treating me like shit too long to allow someone else to do the same.

I got to class and started doodling in my notebook. My mind was cluttered by a million thoughts so I couldn't really focus. Before I knew it class was over and I was heading to lunch. I cant wait for this year to be over cause I'm really fucking done with school.

I saw Veronica's smiling face as she waved to me from our table in the cafeteria. I sat down and smiled at her cheerful mood. I'm glad she was feeling a little better.

"I decided I'm not going to worry about it anymore" she pushed her glasses up on her nose, "I'll tutor him after school like I've been doing but I'm going to show him he doesn't have an affect on me. Cause if I ditch the tutoring he'll know I'm bothered but if I go and I'm nervous he'll also know I'm bothered. Wait... so either way I'm screwed"

I laughed as she rambled on about how she was nervous again. "Do you want me to come with you?" I cut her off from her rambling. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"You would do that for me? I feel bad, I don't want to put you in a bad place but maybe it would help me to be less nervous if you're there" Ronnie bit her lip in thought. I chuckled.

"Don't worry about it kid, I got you. Besides I can make sure he doesn't try anything or else I'll put him in a choke" I smiled.

Lunch went by slow as i found myself not even close to being hungry. I couldn't fight the urge to look over at the table where Nick and Grayson were at. My face fell to confusion as I didn't see Gray. I couldn't help but worry. Not about him of course, but he usually doesn't skip lunch. What if something happened with his mom? Fuck.

All the sudden my worries dissolved as I watched him walk into the cafeteria with Kylie by his side. His hair was disheveled and a big hickey was present on Kylie's neck. I watched as she smirked at him and gave him a long drawn out kiss. My heart clenched for some weird reason.

They parted ways as Grayson made his way over to Nick. As he walked his eyes subtly looked over at me connecting my blue eyes with his gray ones. I thought he would look away but he held the eye contact long enough to shift his attention from watching where he's going. He slammed into a girl who was carrying her lunch tray, causing the mess to spill all over him. Talk about god damn deja vu. I prepared myself to hear him scream and curse off the girl as he did to me but I was shocked when I saw calmness in his eyes.