Chapter 35

~ ryder ~

Grayson and I don't quite know how to act since everyone around us right now are from our school. I obviously don't give a fuck what people think about me but I don't want anyone to think I'm just one of Grayson's little hookups. He doesn't seem to mind as he continuously approached me throughout the night.

"You want another shot?" he swung his arm around me pulling me close. I was currently talking to Veronica who was getting more and more drunk by the minute. I seemed to be the only one out of the three of us that didn't drink that much.

"You didn't have enough already?" I sassed raising my eyebrow at him. This sparked a roll of the eyes from him.

"Oh my god mom you're so annoying" his arm left my shoulder and his eyes darted to Veronica. "Shot?"

"Sure" she laughed. I watched as they walked towards the kitchen both of them in drunk giggles. I felt a pang of jealously hit me. I shook my head physically, trying to remind myself there is absolutely nothing going on between the two of them. I mean fuck, they're practically siblings.

But, as I looked over at the two I watched as Grayson pulled her into his chest in a tight hug after they both downed a shot. My jaw clenched tightly. Gray's eyes darted up as if he sensed my stare sending me a smile. He accompanied it with a wink still holding Veronica to his chest. Whether it was meant as an asshole move or just his usual playful flirting, it pissed me the fuck off.

I quickly looked away and looked around the room. Fate was on my side as I spotted Cranford from across the room. I smirked making my way over to him, a sudden confidence filling my body. His gaze moved from the baseball friends he was speaking with to my eyes, then roaming up and down my body, then back to my eyes. I resisted the urge to roll mine and put on a fake smile.

I looked at the nearly full cup in his hands. My hands reacted before my mind as I grabbed it out of his hands and chugged the whole thing. I was going to need to be a hell of a lot more drunk if I was going to flirt with Cranford.

"That was pretty hot" He leant in speaking in my ear due to the loud noise overtaking the room. I tilted my head causing the ridiculous pig tails on my head sway to the side.

"Yeah, well now your cup seems to be empty" I frowned. "Care for another?"

He smirked grabbing my hand saying a quick goodbye to his friends and dragging me to the kitchen. "Shot or beer?" he asked still leaning in close to me.

"Both!" I yelled a bit standing on my toes to speak closer to his face. I look of shock took over his face and his eyes darted back and forth between my own.

A mocking pout then took over his face, "Damn, I thought you were going to want to go shot for shot with me"

"Oh, you're so on" I shoved him lightly laughing.

And the game played out as we were on our 6th shot each. His face screwed up in obvious disgust.

"Aw, what's wrong?" my bottom lip jutted out. "Pussying out already?"

He set both his hands on the counter gathering his composure. I bursted out in laughter definitely feeling  the effects of the past drinking. I stumbled slightly as I also held onto the counter to steady myself.

Suddenly, I felt a hand be placed on my lower back. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked up meeting those annoying gray ones.

"I think you've had enough to drink" Grayson spoke into my ear just as Cranford had done. My eyes rolled once again.

"Quit being a hypocrite just because you're jealous" I barked at him sparking a laugh from Cranford. Grayson instantly snapped his head meeting the eyes of a smirking Cranford.