Capitolo 20

Thank you so much for the comments and likes, Amores. I hope you like this chapter. :)

100 comments for the next chapter again. :)

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

THE PAST

Everyone looked at my direction the moment I entered the dining room. I smiled at them sweetly and then tried my best to walk straight towards them. I wasn't that drunk but didn't want them to notice that I was.

"Buonasera a tutti. I'm sorry, I came home late." I greeted them and then approached my mother to kiss her on the cheek. She looked at me worriedly but I could tell that she was mad and disappointed as well. I groaned inwardly.

I hate disappointing her.

I was about to approached my grandma to kiss her on the cheek too when my mother spoke.

"Don't go near your nonna. You're drunk. You know that she hates the smell of drunk people." I bit my lower lip.

"I'm not drunk, mamma. I'm just tipsy." I reasoned out softly and she shook her head in disbelief. I heard my nonna huff before she wiped her lips with the table napkin with a stoic face.

"Sit down and eat first. I'll talk to you later." She commanded before drinking her glass of water. She then stood up afterwards.

"Are you done eating, mamma?" My mother asked.

"I lost my appetite. Just finish your dinner. I'll go to my study room." She answered before throwing a glance at me. "I'll be waiting for you there, young lady." I heaved a sigh as I watched her exit the dining room.

"I can't believe that you have the audacity to come home late not to mention drunk." Antonius spoke for the first time. He was gritting his teeth while staring daggers at me.

"What's new? Athena is Athena, right, mamma? She always does as she pleases." Aris answered while chuckling.

"Aris! This is not funny! You should not be laughing of what Athena has been doing because it's not good! Last week, she was on the front page of the newspapers because she got into a fight with the daughter of one of the most influential businessmen in Italy!" She snapped at my brother before looking back at me.

"Your nonna told you not to involve yourself in any trouble anymore but now, look what you did. You said that you were going to attend the birthday of your best friend. Yes, I allowed you to go because I knew that Daniella was your best friend, but I didn't tell you to get wasted and get drunk like this! I can't believe you!" My mother was so mad and I gulped inaudibly.

She's the sweetest but you wouldn't like her when she's angry.

"Mamma, relax. You know how Ath is. If you didn't specifically tell her not to drink alcohol, she thinks that it's okay for her to do so. Besides, she came home rather early today. It's only 9. At least, she kept her promise to come home before 10 pm." It was Aria. Amelia on the other hand remained quiet while shaking her head at me.

My mother released a harsh breath and then closed her eyes for a moment as if she was trying to calm herself down.

"Sit down and eat. Your nonna is waiting for you." She then said tiredly after that and I almost sighed in relief when her voice mellowed.

I quietly sat down on my respective seat and the joined them. I was hungry when I was on my way home, but now, I lost my appetite knowing that everyone was mad at me.