(book 2)Capitolo 11

A/N: Happy weekend, Amores! Enjoy reading:)

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

I gingerly took it and looked at it, checking if it was the real deal. I've been wearing it ever since I was a child and it felt like I got reunited with my other self.

I knew every detail of it and I couldn't be wrong. It was authentic. My Royal Chastity necklace!

I couldn't believe that I was finally holding it again. I was right all along. It was Maximus who took it without me noticing it. But why? What was his purpose?

I suddenly remembered what happened the night after we shared our very first kiss before we parted ways. He gave me his necklace and then said;

"I give you my heart, mi hermosa. Take care of it."

"What's this for?" I remembered me asking.

"You'll know when the right time comes. I already got yours, so this is already a pact between us." My heart started racing as what he said echoed in my head.

"A pact between us?" I uttered with my eyebrows furrowed. Before, I didn't really give any meaning to it. But now, after everything that had happened, I could tell that there was a meaning behind his words that I needed to know.

I must talk to Maximus about it before leaving. But it I was already running out of time. I groaned inwardly. I decided to give myself one last chance to be with Maximus and make love with him one last time before disappearing on him for good because I would marry Franco, but now, this happened.

I stood up and was about to go out of that room when I heard a ringing sound. That was my ringtone!

I followed where it was coming from until I found it inside the walk-in closet. It was still in my bag. I quickly took it out and then answered when I saw who the caller was.

"Pronto."

"Thank God, you finally answered, Ath! Where are you right now? We've been worried sick about you since you disappeared the other day! We couldn't even sleep properly!" It was Amelia. She sounded so worried. I bit my lower lip.

"I'm sorry for making you all, worry. It's just that; something happened that was out of my control."

"What do you mean? What happened? Today's your wedding day but you're not here yet! Franco had been looking for you desperately since he came back here yesterday." I groaned inwardly upon remembering about the wedding.

The entire nations of Costavia and Nuevo Imperio were looking forward for this day and I couldn't disappoint everyone, especially my family.

"What about nonna? Where is she right now?"

"She's in her room, still sleeping, but surprisingly; she has been so calm about all this. I don't know what's happening anymore. Are you coming home now? Your wedding is in three hours!" I released a breath and was about to answer when somebody snatched the phone away from me.

I snapped my head to the direction of the one who did it and gasped in shock upon seeing Maximus with his signature serious face. He was just wearing his boxers.

My eyes inadvertently looked at his muscled body and my lips parted in awe. Damn! He's undeniably a hunk. He looked so strong and—what the hell are you thinking at a time like this, Ath?!