(book 2)Capitolo 19

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND/BON WEEK-END, AMORES!

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

I looked at Maximus when I felt him intertwine our fingers together. We were inside the car, on our way to Santino.

"Are you okay, mi hermosa?" A forced smile appeared on my lips upon hearing the worry in his voice.

"I don't know. All I know is, I'm so worried right now. What if Iñigo—"

"—Shhh. Don't think too negatively. I'm sure he's fine." He said, trying to make me feel better.

"I hope so." I muttered. Last night, I received Amelia's message, informing me that Iñigo was in the hospital. Apparently, while they were on their way home, a speeding car suddenly came out of nowhere and blocked their way. She didn't go into details but I knew that those people hurt them.

Because of so much worry, I decided to go home to see my little brother and thankfully, Maximus agreed. After two hours of travel, we finally arrived in our destination.

"Are you going to be okay here? Want me to come with you?" Maximus asked with a tinge of worry. I touched his cheek with my hand.

"You know that you can't do that, dolce metà. It's too dangerous. Besides, in the eyes of the law, you're still a wanted fugitive." He sighed.

"Damn it. This is so difficult. Why do I even need to hide when—"

"—Just a little bit more and I'm sure that everything will be okay. You promised me that, right?" I said and his face softened. He cupped my face and then leaned his forehead against mine.

"Yes, and I intend to keep that promise." Then our lips met for a delicious sensual kiss. It was just for a couple of seconds but it didn't fail to take my breath away.

"I'm going to miss you for sure, mi hermosa." He whispered when our lips pulled away. I chuckled.

"Me too but don't worry because this is just temporary." He heaved a sigh.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll just be nearby, watching and protecting you. You know what to do if in case something happened." I nodded my head. We kissed one more time before I finally decided to go out of the car.

I knew that we would be separated temporarily but I couldn't help but to feel sad. If this didn't happen to my brother, I would stay with him until everything would finally be over.

When Maximus left, I entered the hospital full of worry. I was wearing a bull cap and dark shades while trying to avoid making eye contact with other people.

"Good morning. I would like to visit Prince Iñigo." The nurse looked at me with eyebrows creased but when she probably recognized me, her eyes widened. She stood up and then curtsied towards me.

"Good morning too, Your Royal Highness. His Royal Higness Iñigo is in the VIP room number 1." I smiled and then thanked her. I was about to go when I remembered something.

"One more thing..."

"Yes, Your Royal Highness?"

"Don't tell anyone that I'm here." I requested and she nodded her head.

"Yes, Your Royal Highness. You can take this way to avoid many people in the hallway." She answered as she pointed at the right wing of the hospital. There was a sign that says no one was allowed aside from the staff.