(book 2)Capitolo 26

HAPPY READING, AMORES! 

(ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

I realized that I was in danger the moment he looked at me through the rearview mirror. He looked so different and the way he smirked at me gave me the creeps.

"What is the meaning of this, Greco?"

"Don't worry, Your Royal Highness. I won't hurt you. Just behave in there and we won't have any problem." His voice was calm but I could hint the danger in it. I couldn't believe of what was happening. Lucca suddenly came into my mind. He was so in love with Greco and he has nothing to say but good things whenever he talks about him. He even went to Nuevo Imperio for a couple of months just to look for him because he suddenly lost contact with him.

I even felt bad because deep inside, for some reason, I couldn't give them my full support the moment Lucca introduced him to me. I couldn't understand myself because even though Greco had been nice to me, there was this gnawing feeling inside of me that I couldn't comprehend. Now, I understood why.

"You're working for them." I uttered certainly and the corner of his lips twitched as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Hmmm. Not really."

"Stop the car and let me out of here." I commanded through gritted teeth. I'm fed up of all these people who want nothing but to destroy us. We didn't even do anything to them.

"I told you, Your Royal Highness. Behave." He answered calmly like a snake quietly sneaking on his prey and deliberately raised his right hand to show me the gun that he was holding. My fists tightened in anger but I tried to remain as calm as possible in order to deal with the situation accordingly.

Strangely, I didn't panic and didn't feel any fear at all. Maybe because of all the dangers that I've been through lately. I felt nothing but the urge to bring him down too just like what happened to Giuseppe and Franco.

Anger, frustration and other negative feelings were swimming within me. I was so happy earlier because finally, Maximus and I would get married. But everything was ruined by them and I would never forgive them.

"You won't get away with this." I voiced out with a straight face as I furtively pressed something on the watch that I was wearing. Thankfully, my wedding gown has lace sleeves that's why my watch wasn't that evident.

"Oh, believe me, Your Royal Highness. I will." He then laughed. I decided to just keep quiet while carefully looking outside, trying to determine where we were going. Looked like we were heading to the southern part of the city where the population was very few. Then, after about forty-five minutes, we finally stopped.

He opened the car door. "Get out." He commanded. My jaw clenched but quietly obliged, hoping against hope that help was on its way. I looked around and there was no one aside from us in front of an old house.

"Why are we here?"

"Just walk and don't try to run away because you'll be sorry. Just behave and I promise you that I will not hurt you." He cocked his gun after saying that, clearly trying to scare me. I clenched my fists and silently walked towards the door of the house.

I was about to open it when a man suddenly opened it from the inside.

"Everyone is here, boss." He informed Greco. Boss? I thought, he was just working for Giuseppe?