(book 2)Capitolo 2

Happy reading, Amores!

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

The cheering of the crowd accompanied by the music that was coming from the marching band was enough to lift up my spirit, and forget what was about to happen. I waved my hand to the people as the parade went on.

Almost everyone of the people were holding small flags of Costavia in their hand, waving it happily and proudly. There were even people who were throwing petals of different flowers in the air as our horse-drawn carriages passed by.

Each of the members of the Royal family was riding in their own horse-drawn carriage, but for me, I was with Prince Franco.

"Princess Athena!" I heard those voices and I couldn't help but smile when I saw them. They're the children from the orphanage together with Mrs. Cuesta and the others who works there. I waved my hand to them and they happily waved back to me.

"Wow. It seems that the people here adore you, especially those children." Franco pointed out as he waved his hand to the children too.

"They're the children at the orphanage that I go to every weekend. They even came here just for the parade." He nodded his head.

"Before I met you, I heard a lot of news about you. I really thought that the Princess Athena of Costavia was a brat and wild but I was wrong. You're actually the opposite." I chuckled softly.

"You weren't actually wrong, Franco. I was kinda out of control back then." His lips parted in surprise.

"Really?"

"Yes. It's just that, I changed for the better." I admitted without looking at him because my attention was on the cheering crowd.

"That's good to hear. I assume that you eventually got tired of being like that and decided to take life seriously. Well, we all have our wild side during our younger days." There was a hint of amusement in his voice. A sad smile appeared on my face.

"Yes, you're right, but I didn't get tired of being like that that's why I changed. Something happened." The heart clenched painfully upon remembering what happened to my mother, but then, I gathered myself together. This is not the time for me to be sad. "But let's not talk about that today. For now, let's just enjoy the parade." I faked a cheerful smile.

"You're right. We have a lot of time to talk about that after the parade. For now, let's focus our attention to the parade." I nodded my head as a response.

During the duration of the parade, we didn't talk about anything else aside from the things that was happening there. Franco was enthusiastic about the program after the parade because it would be his first time to see it.

Then, we finally reached our destination. The big dome of Costavia where they hold all the important national events to. Our horse-drawn carriage was about to enter the entrance when I noticed someone in the crowd.

I gasped as my eyes widened. My heart started beating fast and I felt like it was about to come out of my chest. I was about to stand up with the purpose of getting off the carriage to approach him, but then, Franco stopped me by the hand.

"What's happening to you, Princess Athena? You can't stand up here in the carriage. You might fall down." My attention went on him. His eyebrows were creased while staring at me confusedly. I didn't answer and looked back at the direction where I saw that person a while ago but he wasn't there anymore.