(book 2)Capitolo 24

A/N: Bonjour à tous!

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

"Mamma..." I kept on repeating as I tried to catch up to her. She was now walking away from me and I desperately ran after her.

"Mamma..." For some reason, I was screaming for her but I felt like my voice wasn't loud enough.

"Ath, wake up." I heard that voice but I tried to ignore it as I continued running after my mother. Then, just like magic, my surroundings slowly changed into something different. Everything became white and my mother disappeared.

"Mamma..."

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing that I saw was my sister Amelia. She looked so worried while staring down at me.

"Thank goodness, you're finally awake." She said emotionally and then hugged me. I looked around but I didn't see my mother. My siblings and our grandma were the only ones that were there inside the room with me. I smiled bitterly. Of course, she wouldn't be here. Everything was just a dream.

Then, what happened before I lose my consciousness came back to me. That man who attempted to kill me and that woman who came to my rescue...

"W-Where is the woman t-that was with me?" Amelia pulled away from me with a confused look on her face.

"Woman? The hospital staff told us that a passerby was the one who took you here to the hospital and it was an old man." I shook my head.

"No. I-I'm sure that there was a woman who came to my rescue and she sounded like..."

"She sounded like who, Ath?" Antonius asked with furrowed eyebrows as he approached me. Everyone did the same, curious of what I would say next.

"Her voice was so similar to...mamma's."" I answered with an almost inaudible voice and everyone looked surprised except my grandma who remained quiet and calm.

"Don't joke around, Ath. You know very well that mamma is not here with us anymore." Aria said sternly.

"Why would I joke around of something like this?" I couldn't help but to raise my voice an octave.

"Ah!" I winced and clutched my forehead when I felt my head ache because of my sudden outburst. I realized that there was a bandage that wrapped around my head. I also had some scratches but aside from that, everything looked okay with me.

"Are you okay, Ath? Are you in pain? Do you want me to call the doctor?" Aris asked worriedly. I didn't answer right away as I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to go away.

"Aris, call the doctor." I heard my grandma instructed my brother and he obliged. He did so through the intercom. Later on, the doctor came in.

"How's my granddaughter, doctor?" My nonna asked worriedly.

"You don't have anything to worry about, Your Majesty. The results of all the tests that we initially did were all okay. Now that Her Royal Highness Athena is finally awake, we can rest assured. But if her headache persists, we will conduct another series of tests." I almost sighed in relief when I heard what the doctor said.

"Thank you, doctor." Then, the doctor left. I closed my eyes, feeling so tired all of a sudden.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked after a couple of seconds.