(book 2)Capitolo 29

A/N: Hi, Amores! Looks like there's one or two more chapters left before the Epilogue. Just like I've mentioned before, some things will remain unanswered in this story because it will be answered on the next books of this series. (>‿◠)✌

For those who were asking which story would I write next after this story; the answer is "THE BEAUTY & THE POSSESSIVE SERIES 5".

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Enjoy reading! 

(っ^▿^)۶🍸🌟🍺٩(˘◡˘ )

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

My forehead crinkled when I saw that very familiar woman discreetly entering the house. Looked like Aria and Onyx didn't notice her because their attention was on me. Even though my consciousness was slowly fading away, I still managed to see her through my half-hooded eyes.

"Ath! Wake up! Oh, God!" I heard Aria panicking but my attention was on that woman. She was looking at our direction with so much worry and longing on her face. I couldn't be mistaken. She was crying and obviously torn between approaching us or hide. Then, someone came out of the door. It was him.

He said something to her while looking at our direction. I tried my best to raise my hand to get their attention but I couldn't.

"A-Aria...Mamm—" I tried to tell her what I was seeing but my body gave in and darkened consumed my senses...

I gasped as I opened my eyes, feeling like I was still in that same place and then I slowly looked around me, looking for them but they weren't there anymore. I was confused for a couple of seconds of where I was but when I saw Maximus sleeping beside me, I realized that I was inside my room in the palace.

I tried fathoming what I just saw before I lose consciousness and tears automatically fell from my eyes. I couldn't believe it. Even though I was on the verge of losing my consciousness, I knew what I saw. But somehow, I couldn't help but to doubt. What if it was just my imagination that she was with him?

"Oh, God. I hope, I wasn't just seeing things." I whispered to myself. I carefully faced Maximus who was still sleeping soundly. He looked so tired yet happy and relieved at the same time. I could tell that everything's finally okay.

But deep inside of me, there were many unanswered questions that I need to find answers to. I slowly raised my hand and gently caressed his cheek as a bitter smile appeared on my face. What Warren told me about Maximus came back to me.

Suddenly, tears ran down my cheeks. I just woke up but I felt like my emotions were in haywire. I was happy yet sad at the same time.

"I love you, dolce metà. Tell me that you're not keeping things from me. You've been honest the whole time that we're together, right?" I asked as if he was hearing me. Somehow, I couldn't get what Warren told me off my head.

One part of my brain was telling me that Warren was lying while the other part was telling me that he was telling the truth.

"I love you too, mi hermosa. You don't know how much." I gasped in surprise, realizing that he actually heard what I just said. He opened his eyes and then looked at me full of love but I saw a strange emotion that passed through his eyes at the same time.

"I'm glad you're finally awake. You're been sleeping since this morning." He was about to plant a kiss on my lips when I spoke.

"You heard what I've said just now?" He nodded his head reluctantly.