(book 2)Capitolo 28

A/N: Hi, Amores! I think, there's one more chapter before the Epilogue. I hope, you're still with me until the end! Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Enjoy reading. (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥

(っ^▿^)۶🍸🌟🍺٩(˘◡˘ )

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

My head felt like it was spinning as I fell on the floor, feeling so weak. But even though my eyes were already half hooded, I still could tell what was happening around me. Warren was laughing so hard while looking down at me. Looked like he intentionally didn't shoot me. It was just a mere shot to intimidate and inflict fear in me.

"I changed my mind because it's such a waste if I let you go just like that without using you in anyway. I will keep you alive and break you until you can't take it anymore. I will make sure to catch Vázquez and make him watch as I do whatever I please with you. Isn't that a brilliant plan to take my revenge on him? That will surely make him insane, watching you suffer but he can't even save you." Hearing him speaking as if the devil possessed him added to my anger. I couldn't believe how disgusting he was.

The Warren that he showed me when we were still together was nothing but a fake persona. This is the real him and I'm glad that my grandma saw through him and did everything she could to get him out of my life. No wonder why no one of my siblings ever showed any interest of befriending him.

"M-Maximus will come here...to save me...and when that time comes, you'll be finished. You're nothing compared...to him." I managed to say even in my weakened state. I thought he would get pissed off but I saw him smirk at me, unaffected.

"Let's see about that. Watch me and I'll prove to you how dumb he is. You made a mistake of choosing him over me because I'm far better than him." He took his phone and then called someone.

"Brando, I'm expecting that you already did what I told you to do." He even turned the speaker on so that I would hear what the man on the other line would say.

"We just arrived, boss. We'll be there in a jiffy." A triumphant smile broke across Warren's face upon hearing that.

"Did you make sure that no one has followed you here?"

"Positive, boss. We already escaped before the police managed to block every road."

"Good." He then ended the call and then looked at me once again. "I have a surprise for you, Athena. I'm sure, you're going to like this." Then, as if it was on cue, I heard the door open and Warren looked at the direction of the door.

"Let go of me!" My heart raced upon hearing that familiar voice. I looked at the people who just came in and I felt like my heart stopped beating for a couple of seconds.

"A-Aria..." I tried to get up but I didn't have enough strength. I really felt awful and I couldn't understand what was happening to me anymore. But the fact that they involved my sister in all this gave me strength. I couldn't let them hurt her in any way.

Even though we tend we fight a lot, I love her and I would die for her.

"I told you, Athena. I will get what I want and if you don't want to help me get what I want, I'll just take your sister instead and force her to do what you couldn't do."

"What do you think you're doing to Athena?! Let of her!" Aria yelled in anger. I looked at her direction once again, making sure that she was okay. Looked like her hands were tied as a man wearing a bull cap and face mask was holding her still behind her.