(book 2)Capitolo 21

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

My grandmother didn't answer for a couple of seconds and I thought, she got intimidated but when I looked at her, my lips parted in surprise. She still looked calm as if everything was still under her control. Well, I've never seen her get intimidated by someone before.

"Are you trying to blackmail me in front of my own people? Remember where you're stepping at right now, King Giuseppe." Yes, she looked calm but she uttered those words sternly.

"Of course, not, Your Majesty. I am merely telling everyone about it. I'm sure, I didn't do anything wrong because that was the pact between our nations."

"Good because I would never tolerate anyone who has the guts to blackmail me and the nation of Costavia, especially from another country at that."

"Well, Nuevo Imperio is not just another country to Costavia. Aside from the long history of friendship between the two nations, my son will be marrying Princess Athena soon. It's like, Costavia and Nuevo Imperio will become one too." He answered with that small smirk on his face and my anger within me intensified.

He was obviously mocking and underestimating us.

"If Prince Franco and I marry, it's got nothing to do with both nations. Maybe, it will tighten the relationship of Costavia and Nuevo Imperio but that's just it." I couldn't take it anymore and butted in.

He chuckled. "If that's what you think, Princess Athena, then so be it. The important for us right now is for us to fulfil the pact." I was about to answer again when my grandmother interrupted me.

"We should discuss about the wedding when Prince Franco is here, Your Majesty. I'm sure that my granddaughter here would eventually marry the heir to the throne of Nuevo Imperio, so there's nothing to worry about. She has a word of honor. Besides, that's her responsibility to begin with, right, Athena?" My fists tightened.

"But, nonna—"

She gave me warning look. "Right, Athena?" She repeated sternly. I wanted to shout what I was really feeling but the look that my grandma was giving me told me to just say yes.

"Of course, I would." A smile appeared on King Giuseppe's face upon hearing what I've said.

"I'm glad to hear that, Princess Athena. There's nothing to worry about then, so we should discuss about the wedding now. Franco isn't here but it's okay. I'm sure, he would want the same thing as what I've just said just now if he was here."

"Okay, then." I looked at my nonna in disbelief and was about to protest once again but she shook her head, silently telling me to just keep quiet and it only just made me more frustrated.

After that, they talked about the wedding and everyone agreed to be held next month, except me. I just remained quiet on my seat while trying my best to control my anger from bursting.

"Why did you agree to that wedding just like that, nonna?! King Giuseppe was obviously trying to blackmail us!" I couldn't hold back my frustration when we reached my grandma's room. The meeting was just finished.

"Didn't you hear what I've said, passerotta? You will marry the rightful heir to the throne of Nuevo Imperio."

"Yes, I heard that and—"

"—Trust me on this, passerotta. Everything will be okay; I assure you that." My jaw flexed in frustration and anger and exited my grandma's room without answering her because I didn't want us to fight because of it. I decided to go to the garden to relax and calm myself down.