EPILOGO

A/N: Hi, Amores! Today's my special day so I decided to update earlier than usual because I wouldn't have any time to do so later. Also, I would like to thank you all for the undying support from then until now. I hope that you won't get tired of supporting me on my journey here on Wattpad. See you on my next story:) Love you all!

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

EPILOGUE

ATHENA's POV

"I'm sorry, mi hermosa..." I woke up with a start as those words echoed in my head. I was heaving as if I just finished running a marathon. I swallowed hard and tried to analyze things. Looked like it was just a dream but Maximus' voice while uttering those words to me sounded so real.

In my dream, he was walking away and I was desperately trying to catch up to him while calling for his name. Then, he turned around and said those words before he continued walking away until he disappeared in the darkness.

His face looked so sad while saying that and...

I shook my head. "C'mon, Ath. That was nothing but a dream." I mumbled to myself and then tried to forget about it. I should focus on positive things. I swallowed hard and then took a dep breath, calming myself down.

Then, a contented smile appeared on my face as I remembered what happened last night between me and Maximus. We made love as if we couldn't get enough of each other; as if, it was our last time to be together, but I knew that it wasn't.

We love each other so much to be separated in whatever reason. I purred as I stretched my arms over my head before facing Maximus' side of the bed. I extended my arm, intending to embrace him but no one was there.

My forehead knitted and I automatically sat down. I looked around but it was so quiet inside the room, indicating that I was already alone. I looked at the wall clock. It was already 7:07 am.

"Maximus?" I called for him, but no one answered. I didn't know why but my heart suddenly began thumping weird. I touched my chest, that part where my heart was located. Somehow, there was a gnawing feeling inside of me that I couldn't comprehend.

What happened to my dream came back to me and the fear in my heart was beginning to rise.

I mentally shook my head. "Don't be silly, Ath! Maybe, he just went somewhere." I convinced myself and was about to get my phone from the bedside table when I noticed something.

Those negative feelings disappeared as happiness surged within me. I reached for it. A beautiful bouquet of flowers and a pink small envelop.

I smelled the flowers and they smelled so heavenly. I then opened the letter and then read it. I was right. It came from Maximus.

Happy birthday, mi hermosa. I hope that you would celebrate this day with all the happiness in the world. I'm sorry that I couldn't keep my promise to be there with you to celebrate your special day because I needed to do something very important. But rest assured that I'll be back and make it up to you no matter what happens. Always remember that I love you so much.

Your dolce metà.

The smile on my face disappeared. He left? Where? But why didn't he tell me about it last night? There were many questions in my head but I couldn't find any answers to them.

He knew that it would be my birthday today and he even promised to celebrate it with me, but now, this happened. He didn't even give me any clue where he went to and I missed him already.