Capitolo 11

A/N: The guest character in this chapter has been mentioned in my other stories before in TB & TP series. I hope you still remember her. Yes! She's Athena's cousin. 

100 comments for an update on Monday. :)

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

"Your unnon and I are going to the USA next week for business matters. Not just that. We're going to tour in different states as well after our business meetings. We will stay there for a month or so, so I suggest for you to come with us so that you won't get bored here." My lips parted in surprise upon hearing what my annon said.

"A month?"

", cucciola. It has been so long since the last time your annon and I went for a vacation. We just thought that this would the right time for us to do it. We will go there for business anyway so why not stay for vacation as well, right? C'mon, cucciola. We would be happier if you'd come with us." I sighed and drank my glass of water.

We're currently eating dinner.

"Unnon, annon, I think this is not the right time for you to go away for vacation. Remember what happened to us at the airport almost two weeks ago? We almost got assassinated by unknown assailants. What if they're after you two as well? I can't allow them to get you." I said worriedly and they both smiled.

"Cucciola, we're just normal people. Yes, you five are our grandchildren but we're not part of the royal family. Besides, we will bring some bodyguards with us. These are not just some bodyguards. They're well experienced in their profession so you don't have to be afraid. We'll be safe. Besides, this is your opportunity to breath some fresh air. Since your mamma passed away, you never left Costavia. I think, this trip will be good for you." My annon said, trying to convince me.

I shook my head as I released a breath. "Sorry, annon, unnon. I can't come with you." Their foreheads crinkled.

"But why? Aren't you getting bored just staying here? I think, it will be better for you to go somewhere new. It has been so long since the last time I heard you laugh or smile and I miss that Athena so much. This might be your chance to be in a new environment outside Costavia. Who knows, you might find happiness there." It was my unnon.

"I want to go with you, annon, unnon, but I think I will only put you in danger if I did that. Someone out there is targeting the royal family and if they see you with me outside De Falco farm, you will get involved for sure. After mamma, I don't want to lose another loved one again because I wouldn't be able to take it for sure." I answered with a pained smile.

They looked at each other and I could see the loneliness on their faces upon hearing about mamma. It has been so long since the last time we talked about her and until now, I knew that they're still hurting too just like me.

"But—"

"—Don't worry about me, annon, unnon, I'll be fine here. Just enjoy your trip and be happy. I am safe here. Don't worry because when they catch those bad people, we could finally go together anywhere we want." My unnon sighed in defeat.

"Okay, if this is what you really want, I'll hire additional guards to guard the whole farm. We shouldn't give those bad guys the chance to get closer to you."

"Thank you, annon, unnon. You're the best." They stood up and then hugged me which made me feel better.

Days after that, they left for abroad and I stayed in the farm. True to his words, my unnon really employed additional guards and it made me feel safer than before.