(book 2)Capitolo 9

A/N: Weekend is not good here in France because we will be having a local lockdown. How's COVID-19 situation in your country? Hope everyone is fine.:)

Happy weekend, Amores! Enjoy reading. 

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

"What are you doing? I said—" Whatever I wanted to say was cut short when he put a finger on my lips to silence me.

"—Just sit there and let me, mi hermosa." He insisted and then drew the spoon full of food to my mouth. I glared at him but he looked at me beggingly and I sighed in defeat.

Cazzo! What the heck is happening with you, Ath?! You're getting closer to the fire and you're about to get burned again! One side of my brain chastised me and I groaned inwardly.

I was about to protest further when my tummy suddenly grumbled. I haven't had anything since yesterday and I felt so hungry. My cheeks heated up. I didn't even realize that because of Maximus and I's talk a while ago.

I heard him chuckle. "C'mon, mi hermosa. Eat up. Your stomach is complaining already." He urged full of amusement. I looked at the food that he cooked for me and it made my hunger double. I sighed again and decided to just eat.

Knowing Maximus, he would surely insist on making me eat because he's more stubborn than I am. I wanted to get out of there but for some reason, something inside of me was telling me to stay even for a little while longer.

I caught the smile that broke across his face when I finally opened my mouth and ate it.

"How is it, mi hermosa? I hope, it doesn't taste bad." He inquired as he scooped another spoonful of the food. In all honesty, I was surprised that the food he made tasted good. I wasn't expecting that.

I furtively gazed at him. He looked calm but I could see the sparkling of happiness while staring at me. That look again...

"How do you do that?" I asked instead of answering his question. His forehead crinkled.

"Do what?"

"Fake the emotions that you show to me on your face." I answered casually and he looked taken aback. He went silent for a couple of seconds. That happiness that I saw in his eyes faded.

"Do you really think that I could do that to you?" He questioned back.

"Don't answer my question with a question." I voiced out sternly. He heaved a sigh.

"If you asked me that almost two years ago, I would probably say that I tend to mask most of my emotions so that other people wouldn't read what was on my mind. But when I got to know and spent those precious moments with you, I learned how to show my real emotions because of you." He chuckled as he reminisced the past.

"I don't know why but when it comes to other people, it's easy for me to fake and hold back my emotions. But when it comes to you, I always lose myself and turn into someone that I can't even recognize. Everytime we were together, I forget about my goal. That's your effect on me, mi hermosa. You make me forget everything and just be happy with you." He heaved a sigh as his eyes turned somber.

"Leaving you was the hardest thing that I've ever done in my life and that wasn't a lie. Without you by my side almost drove me insane." Our eyes met. "Now, here I am in front of you, without any pretentions, willing to unveil who I really am to you. All I'm asking from you right now is for you to listen to me." His eyes were begging while saying the last sentence and my heart reacted.