(book 2)Capitolo 25

A/N: Hi, Amores! Sorry for the late update. I wanted to upload this chapter tomorrow instead because it's already late here(9:35 pm), but I didn't want to disappoint everyone who's waiting since I said that I would update today. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Enjoy!

WARNING!!! This chapter contains MATURE scenes for ADULTS & OPEN-MINDED readers only. Read at your own risk!

🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️🅰️💕Ⓜ️

ATHENA's POV

It has been two weeks since that incident and it was time for me to go home from the hospital. I was happy yet couldn't help but to feel sad and worried because I haven't heard anything from Maximus during those two weeks aside from the bouquet of flowers with a small scented envelope that he sent 10 days ago saying that he loves me so much and that I shouldn't get worried about him because he was doing fine. I should concentrate on my recovery because we would see each other again soon.

Even though he said that through letter, I couldn't stop myself from worrying until I get to see him. I need to make sure that he's really okay.

"Are you ready, Your Royal Highness?" It was Sita. She was the only one who came to pick me up together with my driver and PRB, Grecco. My family wanted to come but their hands were tied to their state duties.

"Yes, Sita. Let's go. I can't wait to finally go home." We exited the hospital as quiet and discreet as possible. While we were on our way home, my mind was still full of Maximus.

"Are you okay, Your Royal Highness?" Sita asked and I forced a smile.

"I'm fine, Sita." She nodded her head but I could tell that she was still worried. I heaved a sigh. I didn't want to feel this way but I couldn't help it.

It felt like it has been so long since the last time Maximus and I were together and I missed him so much already. I only just hope that he's doing well.

"We're here, Your Royal Highness." Sita said when we arrived at the palace. Greco was the one who opened the door for me.

"Welcome home, Your Royal Highness." I gave him a small smile as I got out of the car.

"Thank you, Greco." My forehead crinkled when I noticed that he was staring at my necklace.

"Is there something wrong, Greco?"

He smiled and shook his head. "No, Your Royal Highness. I just can't help getting mesmerized of your necklace. It's so beautiful." I touched my necklace as a small smile appeared on my face.

"Yes, it is. The love of my life gave me this that's why this is precious to me."

"Take care of it, Your Royal Highness."

"Of course." I then walked towards the entrance. The other Royal household helpers greeted me upon seeing me. I received a warm greeting from them which they usually give me before and it surprised me a little bit.

After that scandal exploded where the photos of Maximus and I circulated the internet, they still greeted me when they saw me but I could tell that something has changed.

Now, looked like they finally know that Maximus is not a bad guy like everyone initially thought because of Giuseppe and Franco's doings.

When I reached the living room where me and my family usually hang out whenever we're home, my shoulders slumped down. No one was there. Deep inside of me, I was expecting to see my family there, waiting for me, but I guess, that was too much to ask.