34 - Sleepless Nights

Yoongi sat in his office, his back stiff from hunching over various papers and files over the past two weeks

Yoongi sat in his office, his back stiff from hunching over various papers and files over the past two weeks. Namjoon stood beside him, sifting through the paperwork as his eyes intently combed through every word, trying to figure out the timeline of the night Charlie disappeared.

It had been a rough few weeks for every member of Bangtan. Everyone was restless and working overtime in order to find Charlie, but so far they had no answers and no leads and it didn't make any damned sense!

A harsh sigh escaped Yoongi's lips as he got up, his joints cracking as he straightened his back. His palms rested on the table, eyes momentarily glancing at his knuckles as he noted how the faint purple bruises were finally starting to heal.

The past two weeks trying to cope with everything was brutal. Throughout the day, Yoongi would work hard with Namjoon to go through every piece of information that Taehyung had pulled up for them. Whenever new information came in, he made sure to examine every little detail first. At night, when he was alone in his office, he turned to his whiskey, choosing to drown his misery while that day replayed in his mind.

He kept hearing Charlie's shaky voice, Jungkook's worried tone begging for him to pull the mission, kept going through the events and how it all happened so quickly. He had failed them as a leader... he had promised to protect them, and he fucking failed.

After downing glass after glass, he would retire to the basement late in the evening. He didn't bother to wrap his knuckles as his bare hands punched the heavy weight bag. He could feel the pain with every hit, notice the way his knuckles would bruise and how the skin would split after going at it for hours.

This became a routine: look for clues that'll lead to Charlie, wait until Namjoon left, get piss-drunk, beat the shit out of the punching bag, then pass out in bed before waking up only to do it all over again.

Namjoon had finally caught on, being the perfect right-hand man and his best friend of years. Yoongi was surprised when his blonde friend descended the stairs two nights ago, but neither of them said anything. Instead, Namjoon just sat next to him and patted his shoulder, both of them sitting in silence, an unspoken understanding shared between the two of them.

Namjoon called Yoongi's name again, looking up at him only to notice the leader's eyes zoned out elsewhere. Namjoon also glanced at the bruises, letting out a small sigh as he set the paper down before leaning against the desk.

"Still spending time in the training room?" he asked. Yoongi finally turned his attention to his friend, shaking his head in response. "Good," Namjoon uttered, "you should slow down anyway. You're the one who's always talking about everyone maintaining a level head and making sure we're checked in, the same applies for you too."

"I'm fine," Yoongi reassured.

"I've known you for how many years now?" Namjoon asked, earning a chuckle from Yoongi. Their laughter died down, the mood shifting to a more serious one. "Transparency, right? Try again, no bullshit this time."