37 - Sweetheart

Odessa had never been one to show mercy and forgiveness. When she walked into the training facility for the first time, she was disappointed to say the least. A younger Geunsoo approached her and stood at her side, hands behind his back.

"Training is going well, don't you think?" He looked proudly at the young children sparring but his gaze was settled particularly on two of them, watching intently as one of them took a hit to the face before falling to the floor. The young boy swiftly picked himself back up to throw a punch right back, causing the other kid to crumple to the floor, groaning in pain.

"You are too soft on them. If they are ever going to be true members, you need to break them." She watched the young boys with a blank expression as a hand came to her growing stomach.

"Will do," he nodded as one of the young boys bound over to him.

"I finished my drills, father." Blood ran down his nose, but the young boy refused to cry, refused to look weak in front of the stoic man standing tall before him.

"Again." Geunsoo's cold expression remained as he nodded back to the mat. The young boy's expression dropped. His eyes traveled over to the woman standing next to his father, eyes narrowing for just a second before he slowly walked back to the mat without another word.

"He will learn, in time," Odessa spoke up and Geunsoo turned to her.

"I'm sure our daughter will be much stronger," he mumbled, pulling her into his embrace as he leaned down to place a chaste kiss on her lips.

"She will be..."

Charlie was on a knee, her hand on the floor to keep herself upright as she tried to catch her breath and push away the pain. Her jaw was on fire and the faint metallic taste in her mouth frustrated her. She turned to face her mother and a fist met her jaw again, causing her to fully fall to the ground.

"That's enough," Odessa said calmly. The guard then stepped back from Charlie and wiped his bloodied hand off on a nearby rag. "I think she's learned her lesson, right dear?"

Charlie turned her head enough to meet her mother's gaze. She didn't speak. She didn't move. Odessa turned and walked out, the two guards following her as Charlie was left alone on the cold pavement. She grimaced, letting not just the physical pain wash over her but the emotional and mental pain as well. This couldn't be her life... could it? Suddenly, her head pounded as images of a dinner table surrounded by people flashed through her head.

A man with jet black hair and a decently stoic face met her gaze. "I just want to make it clear right now that no one will ever lay a hand on you here, I can promise you that."

More faces, more... memories? Is that what they were? Charlie pressed the heel of her hand to her temple as she suddenly felt someone touch her, causing her to flinch.

"Hey, just me," Stitch said as Charlie relaxed. He helped her up, putting an arm around her waist as he guided her to his medical lab. He helped her onto the table and gathered everything he needed to clean up her wounds from the beating she just endured.

"So... what was it this time?" he mumbled as he approached her.

"I let someone from Bangtan get away," she grumbled in response.

"You what?!" He nearly dropped everything. He knew that Charlie should have been dead if she let someone from Bangtan get away, but the girl had gotten off easy.

"Yeah..." Jungkook's face filled her mind once more and her head started to ache.

Stitch set down a tray next to her and placed a gentle hand on her chin to inspect her features, noting all her injuries. He was relieved that he wouldn't have to stitch up any of the wounds since they didn't cut too deeply into her skin.