7 - Feathers & Blades

Charlie couldn't keep herself still as she sat in the van on their way to the drop off location

Charlie couldn't keep herself still as she sat in the van on their way to the drop off location. She was dressed in all black, and while the clothing was snug against her skin, it was still comfortable enough so that she could easily move. Hoseok had crafted some fingerless gloves for her to wear that had a little extra padding to cover her knuckles so she could fight longer. Her small belt that hung around her hips held a number of throwing blades as well as some emergency first aid things... just in case. She had pulled her hair back into a high ponytail and had hairsprayed the shit out of it earlier in order to keep everything in place.

"These are your earpieces. You can hear the other members through it and it has a small mic as well," Hosoek said, handing a small black gadget to Jungkook and Charlie. They both grabbed them and placed them into their ears.

"They're in," Jimin said out loud.

"Hotshot, do you copy?" Taehyung's voice was heard in everyone's ear.

"Copy." Jungkook responded.

"Blade, copy?"

"Copy you Circuit," Charlie responded.

"Perfect. How're you both doing?" He asked.

"Good, I think," Jungkook said, turning towards Charlie who nodded.

"Yeah, we're good," She replied.

"Charlie won't stop bouncing her leg. She's nervous," Jimin revealed, giving her a sly smile. Charlie was already annoyed with him, but she tried to push away her disdain for him for the sake of this assignment.

"I got you Blade, one second," Taehyung said. Charlie was confused as to what he was doing, but within a couple seconds, she heard one of her favorite songs come through the ear piece. She instantly started smiling and moving her head to the beat of the music.

"What the hell is this?" Hoseok asked, the annoyance evident in his tone. Charlie turned to Jungkook and saw that he was jamming out to the music as well, a small smile on his face.

"This better not be going all night," Jimin complained.

"Relax, it's just one song," Taehyung replied, his voice coming in over the music.

Everyone stayed silent as they pulled up to the location right as the music ended. Jin turned around from the driver's seat and faced the four in back.

"This is it. I'll stay here unless I need to move. If that happens, then Circuit will let you know my location," he said. Everyone nodded and Hoseok opened the side door to the van. Charlie was about to follow him when she felt Jungkook grab her arm. She turned towards him, seeing a serious expression on his face.

"You good?" he asked while Charlie smiled. He was always so worried about her, which she found a little annoying but also very endearing.

"Of course, you keep me safe, remember?" Charlie earned a small chuckle from her best friend.