6 - A New Normal

2 Months Later

Charlie's eyes fluttered open as she heard the faint sound of birds chirping outside her window. She glanced at the empty space beside her, still trying to get used to Jungkook not being there every night.

After the first few weeks, the two of them were opening up more to their new family, so Jungkook decided to start sleeping in his room, the one he shared with Namjoon, which Charlie didn't mind. They didn't need to sleep together for safety or warmth anymore and figured they should fully embrace their new normal.

Charlie did think it was weird not having that extra body next to her every night, but she started to enjoy having a room to herself, especially since Taehyung and Jimin would often pop in to take a shower in the mornings if the other bathroom was occupied. Initially, it annoyed her, but having 6 men share one bathroom started a lot of fights and this was now just part of the norm, and she liked having a little normal in her life.

She trudged to the bathroom before getting ready for the day, tying her hair up in a ponytail and putting on some comfortable clothes. She eagerly rushed downstairs, smiling as she greeted Namjoon and Jin, noticing the rest of the seats were empty.

"Where is everyone?" she asked.

"Yoongi is in his study, Hoseok and Jimin decided to go down to the training room in order to prep some stuff for today's session, Tae is hiding out in his geek cave, and your best friend is still in our room, sleeping," Namjoon replied.

"Thanks," Charlie said, grabbing some food to-go and heading back upstairs to Taehyung and Jimin's room.

When Charlie reached their room, she knocked, earning a quiet 'come in' from the other side of the door. She opened it only to notice that no one was in there.

"In here," she heard from the walk-in closet, or, as the other guys called it, Taehyung's "geek cave." She walked across their bedroom, making a mental note to tell Jimin to clean up his side of the room a bit, and over to where Taehyung was.

She had grown close to Taehyung over the last two months since she felt bad that he spent most of his time behind his computers. She knew he didn't mind staying in, but whenever she left the house, she always invited him to tag along with her. As a thank you, he would download any movie she wanted to watch, and they would hang out in the living room or even her room to watch it together.

One night, he heard her sneaking out of her room down to the training room, something she would do often in order to train more and build up her muscles for hands-on combat. He watched with a small smile as she walked towards the punching bags, wrapping both her hands before throwing punches against the bag in front of her. As he shuffled further into the room, Charlie turned at the sound, surprised to see him there. She offered to show him some moves and he accepted. After that, sparring at midnight sort of became another one of their things.