35 - Never Be The Same

Jungkook's nerves started to get the best of him as Hoseok drove them to the location for tonight

Jungkook's nerves started to get the best of him as Hoseok drove them to the location for tonight. Yoongi emphasized that the purpose of this mission was to gather information, so it was important not to engage with anyone. They finally had a potential lead and didn't want to give Ganghan any indication that they were onto them.

The last couple of weeks were just as hard for the members since they still didn't have any leads on Charlie's whereabouts. However, everyone tried their best to go back to normal, and Jungkook couldn't figure out if that was a good thing or bad thing.

"We're here," Hoseok said as he parked the van down an alley that was a couple blocks from their location.

Jungkook looked over at Jimin, who was getting his earpiece situated. He looked up and gave the youngest member a small smile.

"Ready Hotshot?" he asked, and Jungkook nodded in response.

Jimin opened the van door before he and Jungkook walked out, light steps carrying them towards the location that Taehyung had given them.

"I will take the northside, you take the south. If you see anything, remember, don't engage with anyone and make sure not to be seen," Jimin reminded Jungkook, who simply nodded as they separated and started to patrol the outer perimeter.

Jungkook was trying his best to stick to the shadows as he walked around the perimeter of the building. Taehyung had said it would be crawling with Ganghan, but he had yet to see a single person. As he rounded the corner, he heard a slight shuffle behind him and quickly turned around, grabbing his 9mm from his thigh as he aimed it towards the sound.

His heart almost stopped when he saw her in front of him, gun drawn on him.

"Charlie?" he called, lowering his weapon and instinctually walking towards her as a grin tugged at his lips, eager to hold her in his arms again. She's here.

"Don't move!" she shouted back, her gun still pointed at him.

"Whoa, what the hell Char?" Jungkook froze and put his hands up, along with his gun. The smile dropped as he stared at his best friend, many questions running through his head. Why is she pointing a gun at me? Why is she acting like this? It had been a month since he had seen her, and this was not the way he expected their reunion to happen.

"Gun on the ground," Charlie harshly said as she kept her feet planted firmly on the ground.

Jungkook complied right away and noticed the slight confusion on her face as he did. He then kicked it towards her. He would never hurt her, even if she had him at gunpoint. "Charlie it's me, Jungkook," he said, still keeping his hands in the air.

"I don't know anyone by that name. Why the hell are you here?" she asked. He noticed the lack of emotion in her voice and flinched a little when she said she didn't know him. He couldn't deny the way the words seared him, a small frown on his lips as he stared at her in shock, wondering what had happened to her.