27 - Paint the Town

Charlie had a hard time sleeping that night, and as soon as she woke up, she was eager to get home in order to talk to Jungkook

Charlie had a hard time sleeping that night, and as soon as she woke up, she was eager to get home in order to talk to Jungkook. Raven had at least convinced her to eat something and take a deep breath before rushing out the door. She wished her luck as Charlie closed the apartment door behind her, slowly trudging home as she braced herself for the discussion she never would have imagined having to take place.

Walking into the Bangtan house, she heard muffled voices coming from the kitchen. She immediately wondered if Jungkook had been awake yet, knowing this was probably the best place to look. As soon as she crossed the threshold into the kitchen, her eyes roamed the room before landing on her best friend, who was sitting at the kitchen table eating. He glanced up and his eyes momentarily met hers before glancing back down at his cereal bowl.

"Hey! Did you have fun last night?" Taehyung asked, eyes quickly scanning Charlie's features before he poured himself a glass of orange juice.

"I did," she answered. Charlie let a small smile creep across her lips as Taehyung glanced up at her, smiling as well.

Jungkook couldn't fit the knot that was in his stomach as he assumed that Charlie had gone out with the girls and found someone to spend the night with. It never failed that when something upset his best friend, she often found the bed of another man to distract her...and he hated it.

"How is everyone?" Taehyung grabbed a bowl and started to make some breakfast for himself as Charlie leaned against the counter, trying not to stare at Jungkook.

"They're doing good. One of the girls went home last night and the other one will finally be reunited with her family today. Gigi is also doing really well," she shared. Charlie's eyes stayed on the counter as she thought about her conversation last night with Raven. I really have to talk to Jungkook soon.

"Morning Charlie!" Jimin's voice caused Charlie's head to jerk up as she gave him a small smile before greeting him. "How was movie night with the girls?" he asked as he poured himself a cup coffee, trying to navigate around Taehyung, who was now pouring some milk in his bowl.

Jungkook perked up before looking over at Charlie. So they didn't go out last night?

"It was good! You were right about Jade. She acts all tough, but she was hiding behind me the entire movie." Charlie giggled along with Jimin, who just shook his head.

Jimin and Taehyung started a small conversation while Charlie looked over at Jungkook, who was now finishing up his breakfast. She walked over to him, stopping on the other side of the table.

"Can we talk?" she asked quietly. He just nodded his head, picking up his bowl and dropping it in the sink as he followed Charlie out of the kitchen. Jimin and Taehyung watched the two friends intently, hoping they could finally resolve their issues.

Every step that Charlie took up the stairs made her feel heavier and heavier. She was getting nervous and she couldn't even pinpoint why. Maybe she was worried that Jungkook wouldn't accept her apology. Or maybe she felt as though he wouldn't want to be friends anymore.