26 - Aftermath

The room was silent as the remaining members glanced at each other, still trying to process what just happened

The room was silent as the remaining members glanced at each other, still trying to process what just happened. Jin's gaze was fixed on the floor where Jungkook had been minutes ago, eyes wide as the scene replayed in his head.

Namjoon's eyes were still locked on Yoongi's, waiting for him to determine the next step for resolving this issue. Yoongi, who was still stunned by what had occurred, didn't know what to say and started to regret letting the fight get as far as it did.

Sure, he understood Charlie's anger and felt like she had every right to retaliate, but as a leader, he should've stepped in sooner. "I think we should give them both a bit of time to cool down. I'm sure neither of them want to talk right now, not after what just happened. I've got Charlie, do you think you can talk to Kook?" he requested, waiting for a response from Namjoon, who simply nodded before watching Yoongi trudge off down the hall to his study.

Namjoon let out a heavy sigh, dismissing the other members as he tried to think of how to best approach Jungkook about this whole situation. He plopped down onto one of the couches, letting out a heavy sigh as he leaned his head back, running his fingers through his hair.

Hoseok, who was still standing in his spot, glanced over at his boss, walking over to the couch and occupying the seat next to him.

"What the hell happened anyway?" Namjoon asked, head still resting against the couch as he closed his eyes, trying to ease the slight headache that was forming from the commotion earlier.

"Charlie made a last-minute change to the plans and ended up in the enemy's crossfire. Jungkook didn't have a visual and told both her and Jimin to stand down, but she proceeded anyway and almost got herself killed in the process," he informed, leaning back into the cushions as he stared at the table in front of him, Jungkook's frantic voice replaying in his head as he had asked Charlie to stand down.

Hoseok could hear the way the younger man's voice shook slightly when he asked for permission to shoot, the desperation behind his tone evident as he waited for confirmation from Yoongi. He sat there silently next to Namjoon, both of them deep in their own thoughts. Namjoon finally raised his head and glanced up at the clock, letting out a small groan before standing up.

"I guess I better go talk to Jungkook," he mumbled, heading towards the stairs when Hoseok called him, causing him to turn back as he waited for him to continue.

"Let me talk to him," he offered. "I'm the one responsible for him, right? He was the one who got paired with me when they got recruited, so I'll talk to him. Besides, it'll probably be less intimidating coming from me. Trust me, I've got this," Hoseok reassured, offering Namjoon a sincere smile while the man stared back at him, taking his words into consideration before nodding in agreement.

Namjoon watched as Hoseok ascended the stairs, hoping that everything would go well. He decided to go talk to Yoongi and inform him of the change of plans. He knocked on the door to the study, not even waiting for a response before walking in.