2 - Nothing to Lose

It was late and Jungkook was starting to fall asleep as they both hid behind a large landscaping bush not far from the back entrance to the House of Cards, the name of the casino on the access card from Seokjin's wallet

"Stay awake!" Charlie scolded, kicking Jungkook, who jerked away from his best friend's hit.

"I'm up," he mumbled, blinking the tiredness from his eyes as he sat up straight.

"I need you on your A-game, can you do that? Otherwise, I can do this myself," Charlie said looking at him with a serious face. Jungkook looked back at her, now a bit more alert. There was no way he was going to let her do anything this crazy, reckless, and bold on her own.

"I'm good, I got you," he said as he flashed her a small smile.

"Good! Now, the place just closed, so all we need to do is wait until we see some of the employees leave," she informed him. She turned away from the large building in order to hide behind the very large bush.

"Ughh," Jungkook groaned. He did not like the idea of sitting and waiting some more. He was very bored since they had already been sitting there for about an hour.

"Kook," Charlie said and Jungkook looked over to her. "I'm really trying here. If this goes well, we may be able to actually find a place and start a decent life," she reasoned. Jungkook felt terrible for his attitude and knew that even though he had promised to always protect Charlie, she was always the one thinking about where they were going to sleep and how they were going to get their next meal. He may not have agreed with or liked her methods, but she was the reason they were still surviving.

"I know, I'm sorry," he said. He gave her a reassuring smile and they both sat there as employees started to exit the back entrance.

After about another hour, Charlie finally decided that it was time.

"Alright let's go," she whispered.

Charlie started making her way to the employee entrance with Jungkook right behind her. She pulled out the card she had swiped from the guy at the bar and scanned the card reader. For a moment, she wondered what would happen if it didn't actually work, but thankfully she heard the lock turn and opened the door. She turned back to Jungkook and smiled, who was actually pretty excited himself.

It was very dark inside, but the light streaming in through the windows from the streetlights outside illuminated just enough for them to be able to see the office numbers on the doors. Charlie walked down the hallway, hoping she would see something that gave any indication to an office.

"Where are we even going?" Jungkook whispered.

"Ummm," Charlie responded, trying to think of where an office full of money would be waiting for them. She felt a tug on her arm and turned to see Jungkook stopping her.

"You have no idea where we're going, do you?" he asked, his voice full of concern as his grip tightened on her arm slightly.

"I don't," she admitted. Jungkook scoffed as his mouth opened wide, not believing what she was saying. "But we can find something," she quickly added, desperation lacing her voice.