38 - Attack on Bangtan

Ryder let out another groan as he took yet another hit, the metallic taste of blood lingering in his mouth as his body hurled forward in pain. This wasn't his first time taking a beating since he's fucked up before in the past, but this time was different. After getting escorted out of the banquet last night, he knew there would be consequences... he just wondered if he would make it out alive.

Odessa's eyes narrowed as she stared at the two men who helped Ryder straighten back up before the third man threw another punch, this time aiming for the younger man's abdomen. As Ryder fell to his knees, the man stepped forward to grab onto his drenched hair, a slight crack resonating through the room as Ryder's head came in contact with his punisher's knee.

"Enough," Odessa called. Ryder let out a small whimper of relief, feeling his body fall onto the cold floor of the room as his arms were released. He was pretty sure his nose was broken as he felt the blood trickle down his face. He could hear the clicking of her heels, his body tensing as his boss approached him. He hissed when he felt the sting in his scalp, Odessa's nails digging into his skin as she pulled his head up, forcing him to face her.

"Do you realized how badly you've fucked up this time?" she uttered, her voice dangerously low.

"It was Bangtan," he wheezed out. "I was going to handle it-"

"But you didn't, did you?" she interrupted. "Instead you cause a fucking scene and got yourself kicked out. My orders were clear, we would follow the rules of the evening and keep the peace for now... but you decided to take matters into your own hands." She tsked as she looked down at him, the clear disdain evident on her face. "There are severe consequences for incompetence and sheer stupidity," she continued, roughly letting go of his hair before she stood up, the sound of her heels resonating in the room as she walked away from him, not even sparing him a glance. "Finish him," she commanded.

The panic coursed through him as the men approached him, Ryder's heart pounding in his cage as he felt his body getting pulled back up. He was stammering, words incoherent as his wide eyes stared at the barrel of a gun.

"W-Wait! Pl-please! J-just fucking wait!" he screamed. His brain was all over the place, bits and pieces of memories flashing before him: how he got into this whole mess in the first place, his first fuck up when he shot the wrong person...everything. Memories of Charlie were the only pleasant ones he could recollect, like a warm light amidst the morbid darkness his job entailed ever since the day he sold his soul to Ganghan. He couldn't deny the slight pang in his chest as her laugh resonated through his mind, his eyes closing as he waited for his unfortunate fate. As he started to recall the first night they met, Ryder took a few seconds to piece everything together before the realization set in.

He could feel the cool metal of the gun being pressed against his head. "Wait!" he called out again, "I know where they live! I know where they live!"

The man standing before him chuckled, shaking his head at the pathetic attempt to stall while Odessa halted her steps, turning back to stare at Ryder.

"Fall back," she demanded, slow steps leading her to stand in front of Ryder as she tried to read the expression on his bruised face. She could see that he was scared, sadistically enjoyed the fact that he was terrified... but she could also see the glimmer of confidence in his eyes. "Where who lives?"

"Bangtan," he breathed out. It felt like it was ages ago, but Ryder didn't forget the night when he first met Charlie... long before she joined Ganghan. He had never told anyone about it, but the first night they met was at some random club he frequented, when Charlie took him back to her place. She left quite the impression since she was nothing like his past conquests, and he was quite intrigued since she was the only woman he's been with who knew how to take control.