21 - Sucker Punched

Taehyung had barely slept the last couple of nights as he was working around the clock trying to find something, anything, that would give them an indication of what Ganghan was up to or even a name

Taehyung had barely slept the last couple of nights as he was working around the clock trying to find something, anything, that would give them an indication of what Ganghan was up to or even a name. He was coming up blank though and was starting to get frustrated.

Charlie knew that he was working hard again, so she would often sit with him just to offer him some company and to force him to take breaks when they were needed since he never knew how to step back from his work.

Taehyung stared at the computer screen, typing away as Charlie sat in a chair next to him, scrolling through her phone. Two cups of lukewarm coffee sat next to each other with scattered sucker wrappers all over the place.

"Fuck!" Taehyung shouted, roughly shoving his keyboard away as Charlie jumped, startled by his loud voice. He put his head down and ran his fingers through his hair, clasping them in the back while Charlie moved a little closer to him.

"What happened?" she asked as she placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. Taehyung lifted his head and gestured towards the screen.

"I'm not getting anywhere! Our damn security cameras can't pick up a face because they were wearing masks, and the names that Axel gave us aren't even fucking real!" He buried his face in his hands one more, letting out a frustrated groan.

"We will figure something out Tae. Let's just take a step back and come at this from a different angle," she suggested. Charlie tried to help as best she could, but she didn't understand this tech stuff. She reached for his coffee cup and handed it to him before grabbing her own. They sat in silence for a bit, thinking, when Charlie had a random idea.

"What about the hotel?" she asked, and Taehyung looked at her with a confused look. "My first solo mission, with that guy, remember?" Charlie was in a deep concentration, trying to remember the few details that actually stayed in her memory from that night, the most prominent one being Jungkook comforting her.

A small smile appeared on her face as his face popped into her head, but it quickly faded when she remembered how things had gotten a little weird between the two of them lately and she hated it! She was worried that their close friendship was breaking apart, and she didn't know why or how to stop it.

"Ohh! Sebastian Zimmer?" Taehyung asked. He set his cup down and immediately started to bring up the file and all the information they had on the man.

"Was that his name?" Charlie asked as the name didn't sound familiar at all. She watched as prompt boxes appeared on Taehyung's screen, including the picture of him.

"Weird," Taehyung muttered while Charlie hummed in response. He pulled up the list of guests from the hotel database, scrolling through the names in order to confirm that it was Sebastian Zimmer who had checked in. "There are a lot of Tony's who book rooms at this hotel," he observed.

Charlie's eyes went wide as she moved closer to Taehyung, looking intently at the screen. Taehyung moved over to make more room as he could tell that sparked something in her as she skimmed through the names, noticing that Taehyung was right.