39 - Answers

"I have questions," she said, for some reason not worried at all. She knew that Bangtan should kill her, but she didn't feel scared about him. There was a sense of familiarity as she stared up at the man before her, who let out a breathy laugh.

"I have answers." He got closer, but not too close, analyzing her movements and trying to gauge how she was feeling. If his theory was right, she had no clue who he was and he didn't want to do anything to alarm her.

"I remember your face but... I can't remember your name," she said.

He stepped forward and held out his hand, chuckling a bit at the idea of him introducing himself to her again, "Yoongi."

She chuckled a little with him and grasped his hand. This was the man who had promised her that no one would ever hurt her in their house, and from what she could remember that was true... until she left. Even though she couldn't remember his name, she knew he was a person that she could trust, a person who had an important role in his team.

"You're the leader of Bangtan aren't you?" She furrowed her brows as she started to remember his role, his title. She pulled her hand away from him as he nodded. "I should kill you, ya know. Would make my boss really happy," she smirked.

Yoongi could already tell that Charlie was comfortable with this encounter, relief coursing through him as he felt some of the tension fall from his shoulders. He also caught the disdain in her words when she mentioned her boss, a part of him worrying about what she'd gone through in her time with Ganghan.

"I'm not here to hurt you Charlie," he spoke softly. He reached behind him and Charlie immediately tensed and was ready to either run or fight. She watched intently as Yoongi pulled out the gun from his belt and held it in the air before unloading it and setting it on the ground along with the magazine, separate from each other.

Her mind flooded with the possible scenarios that laid before her. She could easily pull out the concealed weapon from her own belt and kill the leader of her supposed rival... or, she could hear him out and see what he had to say.

Her eyes were still trained on him as he sat down on the nearby bench.

"You said you had questions," he said.

Charlie's head was spinning with where to start. This was her moment to finally make sense of all the jumbled memories that had been swirling through her mind and were scrawled out in the notebook in her hands.

She took a deep breath as her eyes flickered to the notebook. Before she could ask him about the content written in her notebook, there was one question burning at the front of her mind. "What happened?" she inquired. "How did I end up with them?"

Her eyes met his again, observing how he tensed slightly at her question. She wanted to know why she left and how she ended up with Ganghan. She couldn't recall any hatred or disputes through the memories she had, so why did she leave?

"You were out on a mission, following a lead on this guy we believed to be in charge of a huge trafficking ring. You were feeling a bit nervous but were determined to get the guy... then things went south fast and by the time we got to the room, you were gone." Yoongi could feel the guilt crawling back, gnawing at the pit of his stomach as he let out a heavy sigh while his gaze dropped from Charlie's.

Charlie processed the information, her hand going up to her ear as she began playing with her earring while trying to recall the memory. She cleared her throat before opening up the notebook, hoping to ask him a few questions about some of the things she could recall.

"I've been writing everything down to try and piece it all together. I can't remember anything before Ganghan, so whenever I got flashbacks I wrote them down so I could figure out who I was before all this." Charlie flipped through the pages, tracing the letters as she read through the words. "Who's the boy with blue hair?"