14 - Such a Kid

Charlie giggled as Jungkook took the small bottle from her hands, taking a sip

Charlie giggled as Jungkook took the small bottle from her hands, taking a sip. They decided to buy a bottle of cheap whiskey to celebrate their freedom. The two of them were slightly tipsy as the alcohol settled in, but were still able to function for the most part as they continued to stroll through the streets, both of them feeling happier knowing they had finally made peace with their past.

Charlie gasped as she saw a small park across the street, her eyes widening when she spotted the playground in the distance. "Let's go!" she insisted, grabbing Jungkook's arm as she tugged him eagerly along with her.

After she moved in with the Hellhounds, she was deprived of having a normal childhood experience. They never took her out or allowed her to play with other kids, so she spent most of her time either in the house or at school, where she tended to keep to herself. Jungkook on the other hand, tended to stay home since he didn't really like playing with others, so the foster families that he stayed with just let him be and didn't push him to socialize.

As they stepped onto the soft grass, Charlie immediately let go of Jungkook before running up the stairs, rushing over the small bridge before making her way towards the tallest slide, laughing as she glanced down to see Jungkook still standing on the grass, watching her in amusement.

"What the hell are you waiting for? Come join me!" she insisted, waving him over as he chuckled, setting the bottle down before running up after her.

"You're such a kid," he teased as he caught up, following her as she finally got to the slide.

"Well, I never really got to enjoy this much as a kid. Besides, there's no one around, so it won't look weird having a huge ass adult playing on the playground," she replied, sticking her tongue out at him before going down the slide, letting out an amused squeal. She glanced up at Jungkook, standing at the bottom as she waited for him to go.

He let out a sigh as a huge grin spread on his lips, going down the slide as well. The two of them spent at least twenty minutes just climbing on the various equipment and going down the different slides. At one point, Jungkook was showing off his skills on the monkey bars, hanging off of them upside down while Charlie applauded him for his efforts.

Feeling slightly tired, she let out a soft sigh before glancing over at the swings. Jungkook got off the monkey bars when he saw her walking away, quickly catching up to her as he took a seat on the swing next to hers.

He glanced up at the sky, observing the stars and the moon as he let out a content sigh. He slowly started to sway on the swing, looking over to Charlie, who had her head down, shuffling her feet into the dirt below her own swing. He reached out his hand to her and smiled.

"Keep me wild." He watched her lift her head and look at his hand with a puzzling look that quickly turned into a smile. Charlie took his hand and squeezed it.

"Keep me safe."

Both Jungkook and Charlie stared at one another for a moment, eager for their newfound freedom. Jungkook was the first to pull his hand away, slowly standing up while Charlie watched him curiously as he approached her.