4 - Answers

Hoseok was still fuming from his conversation with Namjoon as he trudged up the stairs

Hoseok was still fuming from his conversation with Namjoon as he trudged up the stairs. He was eager to get to his room when he turned his head towards the guest room across the hall, the room that Charlie now occupied. He couldn't stop himself as he headed towards her door, knocking on it before patiently waiting for her to open it.

Charlie was getting ready to take a shower since she was still a bit sweaty from her sparring with Jimin when she heard a knock. She was surprised when she saw Hoseok, not expecting to see the man, who's been silent all day, standing in front of her.

"Oh, hey Hoseok," she said, feeling slightly uncomfortable around the stranger since she noticed the angry expression on his face. He didn't say anything as he stepped into her room. Charlie was irritated by the intrusion, but didn't say anything about it as she looked up at him. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Leave," he said. "Tell them you changed your mind and get out of here."

Her eyes widened, stunned by the request. The nervous feeling in her stomach was quickly replaced by anger as she glared at him. Charlie was very hard-headed and outspoken, so there was no way that she was going to stand down and abide to his request.

"No," she stated.

Hoseok noticed her defensive stance, how she had her arms crossed and how her brows were slightly furrowed. His eyes softened just a bit. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as he decided to try a different approach. "Please, I'm begging you, you need to leave," he insisted.

She noticed the pain behind his eyes and wondered why he was making such a request. Were they intruding? Did he talk to Jungkook about this as well? There was a part of her that felt pity for him, especially since she could see it in his eyes that there was something more behind the request, but she couldn't just leave.

"And where do I go? Back to the streets?" she asked.

"You could die! The people that you love could die," he argued while she shook her head, still refusing to give in.

"Jungkook is the closest thing I have to family and he's here with me. He gets to eat and sleep in a bed every night, and that's all the reassurance I need. I know there's a risk, but it's no different than living on the streets. We all have a chance to die, but I would prefer to die at least fighting for something than dying for doing nothing. I'm not going anywhere Hoseok," she firmly stated, her eyes boring into his.

"Fine, but when something happens to you or your little friend, just remember that I warned you," he said before walking out, slamming the door shut.

Charlie let out a heavy sigh, trying not to dwell too much on it as she grabbed some shorts and a t-shirt, heading into her bathroom. After she took a shower, she was surprised to see Jungkook sitting on her bed.

"Hey, Jin and Jimin said they're going to take us out, make sure we have everything we need," he said while she nodded before a thought crossed her mind.