32 - The Calm

Another week had passed and Bangtan had yet to find a lead

All the members had been on edge since there had been radio silence from Ganghan. Yoongi had been pushing everyone to work harder, unsettled by the quiet. Ganghan was planning something, and they needed to figure it out, fast.

Hoseok was out monitoring the streets in Ganghan's territory, confirming that it had indeed been too quiet lately. Yoongi was getting frustrated and hated how he felt like a sitting duck. They could strike at any moment and he needed to make sure they were ready, that they would be able to strike first.

"Look, they're probably just laying low," Namjoon reassured, eyes locked with the leader's. "They know we're onto them, so they need to be more cautious. They've finally realized that we're a threat, and they need to make sure to lay low so they can continue their business without our interference."

It was well past midnight, the two hashing out the details of their next steps in Yoongi's office while the rest of the house was asleep... with the exception of one member.

Taehyung had been overworking himself, staying up all hours of the night trying to find something that would get them closer to Ganghan. He spent hours coding his system to receive certain notifications when there was activity that could potentially be Ganghan. There were prominent, dark bags forming under his eyes, small red veins taking over the sclera of his eye, both a clear indication of sleep deprivation.

He was currently sitting in his tech lab, eyes locked on the various monitors in front of him as he kept scanning through the information, sifting through every little detail as he tried to find a morsel that would at least give them a bit of hope in finding something useful.

He let out a heavy sigh as he pushed his chair back, rubbing at his eyes as he tried to blink away the irritation before focusing his attention back on the screen. He pulled himself back towards his desk as he continued to try to find something, but the fatigue was taking over, his eyes fighting to stay open as he felt his head lull slightly before he finally let it fall onto his desk.

He was asleep in a few seconds, light snores emitting from his lips accompanying the sound of the low hum coming from the desktops. A few hours had passed before a knock was heard at his door, but he didn't budge since he was still in a deep sleep.

The door creaked open, revealing Charlie with a small mug in her hands. A sad smile settled on her lips as she walked towards him, noticing the drool that was pooling on his desk. She chuckled as she set the mug down, gently moving his fluffy hair out of his face before a small frown settled on her lips. She observed his features, taking note of the signs of exhaustion as she stared at his pale features.

She wished that he would take better care of himself, and couldn't help but feel slightly guilty for not checking in more often with him. She had been so distracted lately with Jungkook that she hadn't gotten much of a chance to check up on Taehyung. He had been barricading himself in his cave for the past week while the members allowed him to just do his own thing, not wanting to bother him since he was determined to get to the bottom of this.