22 - Short Circuit

Yoongi unrolled the large piece of blue paper onto the table, letting the other members lean over and take a look at the map of the building

"Mark will most likely meet with you here," the leader said as he pointed to a conference room on the third level of the hotel.

"Judging by the amount of power they have routed, we assume their mainframe is up on the next floor," Taehyung stated. He stepped in, pointing to a room he and Yoongi believed to be where they housed their servers.

"Spider and Blade will go in to attend the meeting they've scheduled with our target, Mark Olliver. About ten minutes into it, Blade will receive a phone call and excuse herself in order to let Circuit into the building so he can plant his virus," Yoongi said.

Charlie furrowed her brows, looking from Yoongi to Taehyung and then back to their leader.

"We don't even know what their security will be like, just let me plant the virus," Charlie insisted, the worry evident in her voice.

"It's more complicated than you think Charlie, I have to do it," Taehyung reasoned, but Charlie just shook her head. He let out a heavy sigh, his eyes meeting hers. "This is my job, you need to trust me," he pleaded. "Besides, I've been training with you, so I can kick someone's ass if I need to." He gave her a smile, but Charlie was still not happy about this whole idea.

She let out a small groan, finally giving in. "Fine, but you stay by my side the whole time," she sternly told him, pointing to him while he snickered.

"Ok mom," he teasingly replied, rolling his eyes at her overprotective demeanor.

Yoongi cleared his throat to gain their attention again, continuing to go over the details for the meeting in order to make sure that everything was in place and everyone knew their role.

~☾~

Charlie adjusted her red blazer, pulling the sleeves over her collared white shirt that was tucked into her black, fitted pantsuit.

Namjoon was right by her side, wearing a dark grey suit with a white dress shirt tucked in. "Remember the plan," he muttered as they walked into the hotel, heading towards the reception area.

Charlie gave the woman behind the counter a polite smile before speaking. "Hello, we have an appointment scheduled with Mr. Olliver."

"Miss Stevenson?" she asked while Charlie nodded in confirmation. "He's expecting you, just head into the elevator and there will be someone waiting to escort you once you get to the third floor," the young woman said. Both Charlie and Namjoon bowed in gratitude before heading towards the elevator.

Charlie was glad they were the only two people in there, trying to keep her breathing steady as she looked up at Namjoon, concern etched in her features.