17 - Strange

When Charlie woke up the next morning, she had almost forgotten that she wasn't the only one in her room

When Charlie woke up the next morning, she had almost forgotten that she wasn't the only one in her room. The slight weight of the arm that was draped on her torso was a reminder of last night events.

Charlie recalled how she had stayed with Jin to learn more about Hoseok's injuries. Thankfully, his ribs didn't seem too broken, and after she finished helping Jin clean up, he sent her to bed as well. By the time Charlie had come upstairs to her room, Jungkook was already fast asleep in her bed.

As she quietly laid there with her best friend's arm wrapped around her frame, the nerves came creeping back in, just like they had last night when she crawled into bed, but she honestly didn't want to move away from his touch. When she heard him groan and start to move a little, she quickly closed her eyes, pretending to still be asleep.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and felt his hand over Charlie, carefully pulling it back and turning slightly so he was laying on his back. He really didn't want to pull away from her. In fact, he always found her presence very calming, but yesterday was weird and something he still didn't fully understand. He reached out his hand, wanting his fingers to tangle with her hair, but refrained from doing so and pulled it back. He pushed himself up and sat on the edge of the bed, still trying to wake up and clear his muddled thoughts.

"Well, you didn't die in your sleep." Jungkook turned around to see Charlie still laying down, but facing him with a small smile on her lips.

"Sorry to disappoint," he replied with a slight chuckle, the tension slightly awkward between the two.

"You feeling ok?" Charlie inquired, clearing her throat as she sat up and turned towards him, crossing her legs and pulling the blanket over her.

Jungkook nodded his head as he looked at her, his eyes gently scanning her features. He had woken up next to her so many times before and teased her on multiple occasions about how crazy she looked with her hair in knots and the drool dried on her cheek, but as he looked at her now, all he thought about was how beautiful she looked.

He had no idea why he felt this sudden change in how he looked at his best friend, but it was definitely... strange. For years, he was the one who protected her, and he was always going to watch after her, but now that their foster parents were gone, it felt as if they could finally live, like they were finally free from their ugly past. However, regardless of how nice it was to have this huge burden lifted off his shoulders, he definitely didn't like this new feeling that was building up inside, it just felt really wrong.

He shook his lead lightly, trying not to overthink things before he stood up from the bed, swiftly walking towards the door when Charlie's voice stopped him.

"Where are you going?" Charlie asked. She didn't know why she asked that, and she felt a bit stupid for even blurting it out in the first place. He probably wants to go eat or take a shower. Afterall, this wasn't his room, so why did she want to know why he was leaving?